OEM push button start kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Look what I got today. Still tho dealer doesn't know what tech authority is. Anyone on here with access that can run my VIN and tell me if the wire I need is there from the connector underneath the fusebox going back to pin# of the BCM connector?

9ad88aa781dbb0cfb39b8a20311d0ac1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I did end up trying this last night. This is when I found out that the new version crashes when trying to make changes in the BCM. I thought I was one of the lucky ones that this didn’t affect, but, because I was only making changes in the RF Hub, I believe the crashing only happens in the BCM. This could possibly be the issue with trying to transfer the key. Alexey hasn’t written this off as being impossible, yet. He requested the debug log so he can take a look.

Update has been released!

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tech authority only goes up to year '16. For $75 tho Mopar will send a thumb drive for my year with all the schematics.

What my dealer where I bought the truck told me. [emoji26]

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A little teaser
VB7nE8z.jpg
Clearing up some minor issues now.

Sum ***** [emoji1316][emoji1316][emoji1316][emoji1316][emoji1316][emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tech authority only goes up to year '16. For $75 tho Mopar will send a thumb drive for my year with all the schematics.

What my dealer where I bought the truck told me. [emoji26]

AllDataDIY.com

Its basically an HTML copy of the service manual that you access on TechAuthority (which is just a compilation of a bunch of PDF files anyway)

$12.95/yr, if you look around you can get decent coupon codes...I think I ended up with 3 years of access for my RAM for 20 bux.

Also, I bought Tech Authority access twice and, at least for the 1500, it goes up to the most current model year (hell it had DT stuff before the DT was officially released)

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Updated to latest Alfa [emoji1303]. Now to find a dealer with the parts I require [emoji85]

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AllDataDIY.com

Its basically an HTML copy of the service manual that you access on TechAuthority (which is just a compilation of a bunch of PDF files anyway)

$12.95/yr, if you look around you can get decent coupon codes...I think I ended up with 3 years of access for my RAM for 20 bux.

Also, I bought Tech Authority access twice and, at least for the 1500, it goes up to the most current model year (hell it had DT stuff before the DT was officially released)

Thank you.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Ok, I got it working. After the hub replace, I lost the TPMS sensors, and the truck would die after a couple seconds. Cleared all faults, performed hub replace again, and truck ran fine. Still no TPMS. Had to perform the sensor rolls test in the RF Hub menu while driving, and now all is good. A few things, though: to program the fob, I had to use my original truck PIN, but to reset the new hub, I had to use 0000. This remains the same now that everything is working, too. To program a fob, I’ve got to use the truck’s PIN, and to update the hub (after a TPMS threshold change) I’ve got to use 0000. One other thing, fobik safe isn’t working for me right now, so I CAN lock the fob in the truck. I don’t have the door handles installed yet, and I’m not sure if that has anything to do with it. @skuppy069, did is fobik safe enable working for you now, and did you notice if it did before you installed your handles? @mjf6175, I remember you went through this also, any thoughts?
All push button start prompts and proximity prompts are displaying on the EVIC as they should.

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Ok, I got it working. After the hub replace, I lost the TPMS sensors, and the truck would die after a couple seconds. Cleared all faults, performed hub replace again, and truck ran fine. Still no TPMS. Had to perform the sensor rolls test in the RF Hub menu while driving, and now all is good. A few things, though: to program the fob, I had to use my original truck PIN, but to reset the new hub, I had to use 0000. This remains the same now that everything is working, too. To program a fob, I’ve got to use the truck’s PIN, and to update the hub (after a TPMS threshold change) I’ve got to use 0000. One other thing, fobik safe isn’t working for me right now, so I CAN lock the fob in the truck. I don’t have the door handles installed yet, and I’m not sure if that has anything to do with it. @skuppy069, did is fobik safe enable working for you now, and did you notice if it did before you installed your handles? @mjf6175, I remember you went through this also, any thoughts?
All push button start prompts and proximity prompts are displaying on the EVIC as they should.

That is awesome news...THANKS for the update and working through this for everyone!!!

All my connectors should be there this week so I can start on my harness. Still waiting on the shipping notice for the rest of the hardware.

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel

So the summary of steps for you was hub replace twice using 0000 pin, program fobik using truck's pin, and then sensor roll test in hub while driving? As well as the other settings for fobik safe which you enabled previously.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So the summary of steps for you was hub replace twice using 0000 pin, program fobik using truck's pin, and then sensor roll test in hub while driving? As well as the other settings for fobik safe which you enabled previously.
1)Enable keyless go, passive entry, fobik safe, and passive entry CSM first in the BCM. Program fobik highline with your truck’s PIN. 2)Reset RF Hub with 0000 3)Clear all faults in RF Hub (and reset hub again if truck won’t stay running). 4)Perform sensor rolls test while driving if you lose your TPMS sensors.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
1)Enable keyless go, passive entry, fobik safe, and passive entry CSM first in the BCM. Program fobik highline with your truck’s PIN. 2)Reset RF Hub with 0000 3)Clear all faults in RF Hub (and reset hub again if truck won’t stay running). 4)Perform sensor rolls test while driving if you lose your TPMS sensors.
That’s awesome that you got it running.
When I was at the dealer my truck shut off the first time as well .
I think it had to do with the abs being offline or something like that if I recall .
I just drove around for 5 mins and the sensors automatically learned to the rf hub .
I’m not sure On the fobic safe enable .I never tried it with out the door handles etc .
Mine does work though it won’t let me lock the truck when keys are inside and I try to use the door handle button .

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel

Got it!

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
That’s awesome that you got it running.
When I was at the dealer my truck shut off the first time as well .
I think it had to do with the abs being offline or something like that if I recall .
I just drove around for 5 mins and the sensors automatically learned to the rf hub .
I’m not sure On the fobic safe enable .I never tried it with out the door handles etc .
Mine does work though it won’t let me lock the truck when keys are inside and I try to use the door handle button .
Ok, I’ll keep fiddling with the fobik safe feature, otherwise I’ll see what happens when I get the handles in.
I did drive around for quite a while to see if the sensors would get picked up, then as soon as I did the rolls test, they immediately popped up.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ok, I’ll keep fiddling with the fobik safe feature, otherwise I’ll see what happens when I get the handles in.
I did drive around for quite a while to see if the sensors would get picked up, then as soon as I did the rolls test, they immediately popped up.
Ok that’s interesting that the sensors didn’t automatically get picked up after 5 mins or so .
It is interesting that the pin is 0000 to access saves changes in the hub .I might try and check mine with alpha this weekend and see if the pin is 0000 or if my pin is the same as before