offset and backspacing question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
El_Dude

El_Dude

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic SLT
Engine
Thanks I'm looking at the LRG 111 Classico20 X9 5-139.7 with 0 offset BKMTXX right now on Discount Tire. I have them in my cart and just looking for tires now.

It wants to add these automatically: Gorilla Hub Centric Ring GOR 108-77.8 BLACK

Would those rings interfere if I got rear hub centric wheel spacers?

I'm looking at the Kumho Road Venture A/T 35x12.5 20. They have them for $286 each

Last edited:

Wulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My SLT has factory 17x7 wheels with stock goodyear tires. I want to upgrade to either 33's or 35's depending on how much lift i get later. Anyway, my question is more about wheels. I'd like to upgrade to either wider 17's or 18's. I'd like my tires to poke out about 1" from the fenders and not sure which offset/backspacing I should be looking at. Can you guys help with that? For example, what offset should I look for for 18x8?

Thanks all.
One thing to consider, for you, and anyone else considering different size tires that "stick out past the fender". Your local (state/town/province/etc.) government might have something to say about that. If I remember right, there might be some local laws about a tire not sticking out past the "fender", although, since the top of the fender is usually the widest part, if that is equal to or past the tire, it should be OK. I have seen many people otherwise "adjust" their vehicle by getting aftermarket fender flares for just this purpose.

That being said, I am not a legal expert in ANY locality.

***Do not take my word for it, if you are not sure, check your local ordinances***, preferably before spending a bunch of money on stuff that is not allowed, and getting pulled over by your local law enforcement.

OP
OP
El_Dude

El_Dude

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic SLT
Engine
Thanks. I've since upgraded my wheels/tires. They do stick out about 2" past the fenders. In Texas there are so many trucks with big tires that stick way farther out than mine and doesn't seem to be problem with inspection or police, unless they're just not really enforcing it, not sure.

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes..... and the lift pushes the tires out more in the front on 2wd:oops: