Oil additive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mopar430

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For all hemi engines ive found the Best Line racing oil additive lesson the hemi tick, ive tried it out on my 6.4l, and 3 other buddies 5.7,plus ive seen gains of up to 3mpg, on my 6.4l and a buddies 5.7 gained 2mpg. Just something to consider im not a dealer for them and or getting anything out of promoting there products, just some helpful information that ive found and proven out.Screenshot_20220515-214550_Samsung Internet.jpg

OP
OP
M

mopar430

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Haters going to hate , just trying to help. Morons will be morons

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Morons will be morons

ive seen gains of up to 3mpg

yes-nod.gif

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Only 18.95 for 12 oz bottle on Amazon. Sounds like the Teflon stuff sold in the eighties. Slick 50 ? Not something I would use.

OP, if you use this a few times , I would love to see an oil analysis from black stone lab.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Only 18.95 for 12 oz bottle on Amazon. Sounds like the Teflon stuff sold in the eighties. Slick 50 ? Not something I would use.

OP, if you use this a few times , I would love to see an oil analysis from black stone lab.

I want to see the magic that gives a roughly 15%-20% boost in fuel economy via changing some characteristic of the engine oil via an additive. Given the time, talent, and treasure auto makers invest in staying CAFE compliant they'll feel pretty dumb once they hear they could have just bought this instead.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Detective analysis ..A..You actually have an honest guy trying to help others with info..B..You have someone who is not to sharp and passing on misinformation...Answer 1..you have knowledgeable folks out there who comment negatively ..Answer 2..use the stuff and find out for yourself..Answer 3..use common sense regarding the old adage.."if it looks unbelievable.."..best answer here the facial Avatar by Docwagon..IMO LOL

Ramerica

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 DT
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It would help to know what's in the bottle. My BS detector went off when the mpg increase was mentioned.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Haters going to hate , just trying to help. Morons will be morons

Nah bruh! you're the gullible one. We have over 10y of used oil analyst info on this forum that proves otherwise...

Lubegard is the only one that showed a improving when added with certain oils.

Please post actual proof, until then you're just blowing smoke .... lol...

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
It would help to know what's in the bottle. My BS detector went off when the mpg increase was mentioned.
All one has to do is look on the bottle, it says right on there, this is a zddp additive. Technically, one could consider this an oil additive that can combat new low zinc oils. However, it is very poorly done, no white paper just some total who shot john summary. And some bull jive about diamond particle, lol. In order to form a plate, you need a bonding agent. Moly uses sulfur and zinc uses phos = MoDTC and ZDDP. No bonding agent, no film. The issue we have proven with hemi tick is zinc in the form of zddp which is an aw additive is just not strong enough in the high pressure location of tick, thus we have proven moly in the form of MoDTC is the correct additive. Drop this additive and try some Lubegard Biotech. They didn't post the sds, as long as this doesnt have chlorine I'd say harmless to try on engine, well cats another issue I don't know the zddp level. lots of unknowns here.

btw, chlorine is a binding agent as well, one of the best at dealing with friction but with one downside, it can cause damage in the engine.