Oil Temp went blank?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I posted this n wrong thread a min ago, so thought I'd put it here to, it's raining like a mug here pretty much flooding which it never does and I've been acting a fool driving fast n it shooting waves over the truck n **** and at one point I lost acceleration, rpms wouldn't go no further than 4k and reving high n gear didn't want to shift, look down at screen seen I didn't have any oil temperature is was blank, so killed it popped hood and ya it was a lil wet thinking maybe got water n intake or something, got back n it cranked her up and was fine like nothing happen wth, sitting at house now waiting for it to cool off to check oil, is there anything else I should check beside intake to make sure I didn't screw nothing up?

MN-Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Years ago I did something similar with a Jeep Cherokee while off-roading through a water hole. I lost power, rpms were all over the place. It turned out I shorted out the TPS (throttle position sensor).

It kinda sounds like you have the same problem. Except my Jeep was still effed after turning it off and starting it up again.

You should check your differentials after driving through water to make sure there is no water in there. So many people forget to do this, and it can lead to some serious diff. problems.

Also, did you suck any water in your intake? Is your air filter soaked? You may have gotten your MAS wet.

OP
OP
hemi1282

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I checked the oil and air filter all is good, went to grab my trans stick and it was flopping around like it was broke got up under the truck and the damn pipe that the stick goes n was broke completely off no were near it so now I probably got water and **** all n my transmission, this is insane

MN-Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Man, that sucks! I've never heard of that happening. Good luck.

OP
OP
hemi1282

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
for some reason I can't post a pic of it but wonder if this is powertrain since it goes to transmission, ain't no telling how long this is been broke, my bumper to bumper is up

OP
OP
hemi1282

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
here we go it was to big

Attachments

• 20160309_195029.jpg
    20160309_195029.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 77
OP
OP
hemi1282

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Powertrain warranty covered this but there's no explanation on how the piece broke at the area it was in u couldn't even stick 2 fingers beside the pipe it was such a small area everybody was like wtf and how the hell, guess it was a faulty part