Old Camry to a new 2500...OH YEAH!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cpmtigers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
New member, just wanted to chime in since I'm also a new owner! Been reading here about the 6.4 for almost two years and I finally pulled the trigger on a blue 16 2500 last week. So far I'm super impressed with everything about it. I can't begin to describe the cool factor I feel every time I take it out going from an older Camry to this thing, but man I'm glad I did it. Just replaced the tires yesterday with Toyo AT2s in 295/70r18 and like it even more! Anyway, just wanted to say hi and I enjoy reading all the advice and opinions of many on here about our trucks.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Congratulations and welcome.... you'll love the truck. And the move from any older vehicle to any newer vehicle these days is amazing.

My dad just traded in his 1991 Camry on a new one. Needless to say he got his use from the old one and is super impressed with the new one. LOL - they gave him $100 as a trade and I think that was just being nice.

MN-Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
New member, just wanted to chime in since I'm also a new owner! Been reading here about the 6.4 for almost two years and I finally pulled the trigger on a blue 16 2500 last week. So far I'm super impressed with everything about it. I can't begin to describe the cool factor I feel every time I take it out going from an older Camry to this thing, but man I'm glad I did it. Just replaced the tires yesterday with Toyo AT2s in 295/70r18 and like it even more! Anyway, just wanted to say hi and I enjoy reading all the advice and opinions of many on here about our trucks.

If there are no pictures, did it really happen?

Congrats on the new truck. The mpg difference will be the only thing that sucks about the change. Everything else is better, as I'm sure you know by now.

Dmopar74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Pics of truck on the Toyo,s please?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Congratulations. Nice upgrade!

OP
OP
C

cpmtigers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
ram2.jpg

Thanks! Yeah, I'll be lucky to get half the mileage I'm used to. Tires really made a big difference in look/stance of it. I'm really pleased with them after just a couple of days. Putting Traxda 1.5 level on front this weekend if it will stop raining...I'm in NC and the hurricane is dropping plenty of rain, even as far from the coast as Charlotte.

And yep, that's the back end of my old Camry...aka Silver Bullet

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice. ENJOY!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

cpmtigers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I put on a Traxda 1.5" leveling kit today. Looks really good. I don't know where you're supposed to measure from, but on level ground the top of the front wheel well is about exactly 1.5" lower than top of rear wheel well. I think it's the perfect stance and the rear end won't look like it's sitting too low when towing something light to moderate. Relatively easy install...props to Traxda on this little kit.

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Looks good with the new tires, doesn't take a whole lot to make the short bed trucks look more aggressive...long bed is a whole different story. My dad put some tires like your on his CCLB and it didn't make hardly any difference compared to mine on stock tires...which is why I'm going with the +2" Power Wagon suspension and 37's :)

Nice truck though man, love that color too.