Opinions on a 2010 2500 cummins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scabrales95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm looking to buy a 2010 cummins crew cab. It only has 80k miles on it, deleted and tuned, afe stage 3 intake, sinister hard piping to intercooler, 4 in flo pro exhaust, sinister intake manifold, 6 spd auto with b and d shift kit (says it handles 650hp), and only runs a 35hp tune. I'm coming from an 07 ram 1500 hemi that I modded out pretty well and got it to a 6.08 0-60 (quad cab, 5900lbs) and noticed the Cummins is quite slow compared to it but I got it for towing a 3 horse once a week with 1-2 horses so I can't be too upset. Wanted to get some more insight from guys who have owned this year, or matching model different year, to see what I should do or add first off that would help performance out or if that set up seems pretty good. This is my first diesel. Though my only experiences driving any were a tuned 7.3 (what we used to pull this horse trailer orignally and I'm pretty sure it'd wreck this 6.7 in a little race) and a 2nd gen 5.9 5 spd manual. (Slow as hell lol) I always hear great things about cummins, just not too much info on how well these 6.7s run deleted and tuned. I've heard a couple guys say they love the 10-11 but after that it got a little worse. So yeah any info or advice would be awesome. Plus I'd love to hopefully wipe the smirk off the guy who owns the 7.3s face cuz he swears he will **** on this cummins and I don't want to believe it

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
It is a risk buying anything used. Even bigger risk buying someone else's modded vehicle. Unless priced right, I would pass.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a 2012 cummins deleted, tuned etc. never had any issues at all. The 68rfe (transmission) is the weaker link once you start heavily modifying the motor. I can guarantee it doesn't have a shift kit as no one makes a shift kit for that trans. You can get the trans tuned or fully built it. Those are the only options available for the 68rfe. I miss mine everyday and kick myself for selling it.