Opt7 Fluxbeam X LED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A couple weeks ago I was browsing the Opt7 website and realized they came out with a new Fluxbeam X LED headlight bulb. They were sold out. I've been checking back frequently and today they changed to back in stock so I ordered a pair. These will go in my aftermarket Anzo projector headlights for my 2016 Big Horn. I'll keep you guys posted.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Sweet, which Anzo, the Ubar projectors?

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, it's supposed to be 20% brighter and more reliable. I would like to see how much brighter it really is compared to the one I have on now....the original Fluxbeam.

OP
OP
B

Brian_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, the Anzo has a different harness due to the drl ubar. I didnt want to go splicing wires and booger anything up. So, I put them in the oem quads. Havent driven with them yet.

OP
OP
B

Brian_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, the Anzo has a different harness due to the drl ubar. I didnt want to go splicing wires and booger anything up. So, I put them in the oem quads. Havent driven with them yet.

Looked at the Anzo's again and I was wrong. That's what I get for my haste. Just got them installed. I'll give them a spin after dark.

ehart814

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Has anyone used these new Fluxbeam X bulbs?

The original Fluxbeams will not fit with the dust caps on - for the high beams in my quad lights (2016 model). The new X model looks like the fan isn't as long and they might fit...

Citymoto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

The original Fluxbeams will not fit with the dust caps on - for the high beams in my quad lights (2016 model). The new X model looks like the fan isn't as long and they might fit...

I run the morimoto 2 stroke bulbs with the mopar 2015+ harness without dust caps. No issues with flickering or condensation

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

That's very odd, I put the original fluxbeam's in high/low in 2 sets of 16 quads with dust covers on.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
For anyone still wanting to order these, and happened to maybe miss my post on it, here is a 10% off coupon code for opt7.com.

B452B6441C27461

You enter it in checkout in the coupon code box.

When I ordered there was a pricing error on opt7.com and the Fluxbeam X bulbs were priced at $93.95 and with the 10% off coupon code I got them for $84.55.

The price has since gone back up to $109.95 but still with the 10% off coupon code you can get them for about $98 shipped.

Sent from hell via TapATalk

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I just double checked and the coupon code for 10% off still works.

If your thinking about ordering these, since they fixed the pricing error already, I would hurry and order these before they take away the 10% coupon code.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Mine fit right in... so I guess I ordered the new version. 0 problems

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Mine fit right in... so I guess I ordered the new version. 0 problems
Did you order the FluxBeam LED's or the FluxBeam X LED's??

The FluxBeam X LED's have a way smaller fan/bottom to them. The original FluxBeams are bigger, longer, fatter and just all around bulkier.

I just ordered a set of the FluxBeam-X H11's for the low beams in my RetroShop retrofit quads that should be here this Tuesday.

I'll let you know how they fit once my Quads get here and the Opt7 bulbs get here.

OP
OP
B

Brian_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you order the FluxBeam LED's or the FluxBeam X LED's??

The FluxBeam X LED's have a way smaller fan/bottom to them. The original FluxBeams are bigger, longer, fatter and just all around bulkier.

I just ordered a set of the FluxBeam-X H11's for the low beams in my RetroShop retrofit quads that should be here this Tuesday.

I'll let you know how they fit once my Quads get here and the Opt7 bulbs get here.

I put them in my stock quads and they fit fine. The fit in my Anzo projectors fine too. If anyone is interested in these I would Not recommend putting them in reflector housings. Way too much scatter. You'll be blinding oncoming traffic.

Interested to see how you like them in your retro quads. I assume the projector will be much better quality than the Anzo.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I put them in my stock quads and they fit fine. The fit in my Anzo projectors fine too. If anyone is interested in these I would Not recommend putting them in reflector housings. Way too much scatter. You'll be blinding oncoming traffic.

Interested to see how you like them in your retro quads. I assume the projector will be much better quality than the Anzo.
No projectors :-(

I actually ordered a set of these:

https://youtu.be/Eydqm-mAuNA

Blacked Out OEM Quads with Diode Dynamics Switchback HD Halo's, Diode Dynamics 3157 Switchback Turn Bulbs, DK Molds Clear Corners & The Lense Protectant.

If you use the Quad Light Builder on TheRetroShop they come out to $1,010 for all the stuff done to them and I got a brand new, pre-built set, for $900!! They arnt listed in the store anymore because I got the last pre-built set, so they are off the website right now, but TRS sells them as a pre-built package for $900.

As for the projectors.... I was already spending more than I wanted too at the $900 price range. Because i was buying a "Pre-Built Package" and the light was already built and ready to ship, if I wanted H1 Minis I would have had to use the Quad Light Builder. But by doing that, I was spending $1,010 to get the same features the pre-built $900 lights have. Then add the price of the Mini H1's ($350) and I'm upto $1,360.

Since I got all of that (minus the projectors) for $900, adding projectors would have, theoretically, cost me $460 more, totaling $1,360. At that price point I would have rather built the 13+ Projectors with the switchback boards, Halos and C Bars for only $65 more ($1,425) and been way happier.

I'm happy with what I got from JJ. I didnt even want to spend $900 lol...TRS makes amazing lights and I got a killer deal on mine. I can't wait until FedEx gets here on Tuesday!!!!

P.S. Jeremy is super patient!!! After about 15 emails back and forth with a million questions about all kinds of light options... i ended up ordering a set of Black TYC Projectors from RockAuto and an Adapter Harness from TRS, totaling about $565. About 6 hours later I changed my mind, canceled my RockAuto order and emailed JJ about canceling the order for the 13+ Projector Adapter. It was way after buisness hours and he was out to dinner with his family but he STILL answered my emails and was super cool about it and he totally understood it's hard to make up your mind when your spending close to $1k. He got me all squared away and shipped out my new lights the next morning. [emoji106] [emoji106] Two thumbs up for JJ @ TRS!!!!!

JeepN77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have Quads and have switched both high and low to Flux beams. I really like it. I am
looking to put Flux Beam Xs in the Fog lights. I have Crees in there now and am not happy with their performance. Probably going to try to get them in the spring.

ehart814

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I have Quads and have switched both high and low to Flux beams. I really like it. I am
looking to put Flux Beam Xs in the Fog lights. I have Crees in there now and am not happy with their performance. Probably going to try to get them in the spring.

So you were able to put the dust caps on the high beams?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would love to get Fluxbeam X bulbs for my 2016 Rebel with oem projectors, but I HIGHLY doubt they would fit underneath the projector's dust caps. If anyone knows otherwise please let me know!