Ordered a '19 Laramie (new member)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think he is asking what are you paying OTD? Dennis Dillion is takin 13k off a ordered '19.

Yes, you’re correct. I didn’t want to be the bearer of bad news if he actually ended up paying close to $60k (MSRP)... As mentioned, Dennis Dillon is taking almost $13k off the MSRP of ~$53k price tag which brings it down to about $41k!

I’m really considering ordering one but I want the Hemi with eTorque and I’m not able to order it yet. Seems like the black appearance package is not yet available for a Laramie either. I hate waiting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Blotterhead

Blotterhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, you’re correct. I didn’t want to be the bearer of bad news if he actually ended up paying close to $60k (MSRP)... As mentioned, Dennis Dillon is taking almost $13k off the MSRP of ~$53k price tag which brings it down to about $41k!

Say whhhaaatttt???? I just added everything up, my truck isn't in yet. That's when the negotiating happens. $13k wtf?! On an ordered vehicle? I've bought new, but never ordered. I assumed you paid MSRP.

Please give me more info so I can use it to negotiate! I see Dennis Dillon is a CJDR dealer in Idaho, where did u find out about the $13k off?

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I posted the picture in this group. I sure hope the dealer didn’t pull a nasty trick on you. Your MSRP looks like it’s $59,955 (about, right). You never pay MSRP. Different rebates and discounts kick in and you end up paying way less. On an ‘18 I’m not surprised seeing people get $10k-$13k off, but when the Dennis Dillon dealer told me I’m getting about $13k off of a ‘19 1500 Laramie I was really surprised.

How can we help you?

OP
OP
Blotterhead

Blotterhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I posted the picture in this group. I sure hope the dealer didn’t pull a nasty trick on you. Your MSRP looks like it’s $59,955 (about, right). You never pay MSRP. Different rebates and discounts kick in and you end up paying way less. On an ‘18 I’m not surprised seeing people get $10k-$13k off, but when the Dennis Dillon dealer told me I’m getting about $13k off of a ‘19 1500 Laramie I was really surprised.

How can we help you?

Oh wow, when I saw that screenshot I thought it was a 2018.

$13k off on a 2018 sounds completely reasonable and what I'd expect.

$13k off on a 2019 sounds crazy. Were you able to confirm it was a 2019 for sure?

I was going to negotiate the way I always do: "I need my payment to be under x amount. You can give me more for my trade in, take money off the vehicle, but that's where I need to be."

If I can confirm this, then I can go for a way lower payment, I'll just show the dealer.

Edit: also look at this on their site: https://www.dennisdillonchryslerjee...ll-boise-2a7dc6270a0e0aea656258b362a136b7.htm

Last edited:

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I confirmed with the dealer in a follow-up email. Take another look!

64f36430cdbdf08aa753835988705552.jpg

OP
OP
Blotterhead

Blotterhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those are some margins they have! I'll see what I can get them down to, but in the Bay Area... ain't gonna be 40.7k lol

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Those are some margins they have! I'll see what I can get them down to, but in the Bay Area... ain't gonna be 40.7k lol

You’ll be better off buying it in Idaho and shopping it to you. Remember to add TTL to the price! I’ll keep you updated on what I decide to do. Dennis Dillon also offers a complimentary lifetime warranty (on the power train I believe) which works all over be country.

You obviously didn’t care about getting hemi with eTorque? That’s the one thing I’m waiting for...but then I heard some people here saying when it breaks down it’ll be a ***** to fix so I’m kind of indecisive on what to do!

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh wow, when I saw that screenshot I thought it was a 2018.

$13k off on a 2018 sounds completely reasonable and what I'd expect.

$13k off on a 2019 sounds crazy. Were you able to confirm it was a 2019 for sure?

I was going to negotiate the way I always do: "I need my payment to be under x amount. You can give me more for my trade in, take money off the vehicle, but that's where I need to be."

If I can confirm this, then I can go for a way lower payment, I'll just show the dealer.

Edit: also look at this on their site: https://www.dennisdillonchryslerjee...ll-boise-2a7dc6270a0e0aea656258b362a136b7.htm

Is he getting the A plan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Blotterhead

Blotterhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I called Dennis Dillon -- I'm working with them right now.

I never put any money down with my dealership - it was a "good faith" thing since I bought my last vehicle from them. But they've been kinda jerking me around (17 days since responding to my last question!) so I may just well do this.

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I called Dennis Dillon -- I'm working with them right now.

I never put any money down with my dealership - it was a "good faith" thing since I bought my last vehicle from them. But they've been kinda jerking me around (17 days since responding to my last question!) so I may just well do this.

F’n rights. What is your sales person’s name? Make sure you get their complimentary lifetime warranty. Post some numbers here if you don’t mind.

I keep going back and forth between ordering now and waiting...guess I’ll wait a few weeks to see if I hear about when the eTorque is available and then make a decision. Wait is absolutely killing me, though.

OP
OP
Blotterhead

Blotterhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok new developments. I got my order with all the pricing.

This dealer has put me through so much B.S. I'm going to be negotiating hard. If I can get them down to Employee Pricing (EP), then I'll be happy enough with the ~7.5k off.

Like I said, I never signed anything, I never put any money down. So I could always cancel the move even if it's kind of a **** move. But Dillon is gonna give me a price, I can use that to negotiate.

MRAMDZJ.jpg

Eightd21

Reaction score
Ram Year
NA
Engine
NA
Nice setup on that Laramie! Exactly how I would want it specced.

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So where are our updates?![emoji6]

OP
OP
Blotterhead

Blotterhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So where are our updates?![emoji6]

Gonna be a little while. I don't even have an estimated ship date yet. But I'll let ya know!

Dillon hasn't gotten back to me, if they don't by this time next week, I'll ask again for the quote.

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was ready to order one...and then the manager says the dealer applied the 2018 discount instead of the 2019 discount (which isn’t even out yet). Pretty irritating now that I need to wait until they hit the lot to know what the discounts/rebates are! The wait is killing me.

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was ready to order one...and then the manager says the dealer applied the 2018 discount instead of the 2019 discount (which isn’t even out yet). Pretty irritating now that I need to wait until they hit the lot to know what the discounts/rebates are! The wait is killing me.

When things seem too good to be true as they say...Make them honor it lol

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When things seem too good to be true as they say...Make them honor it lol

I tried. They sell way too many vehicles to worry about a single one unfortunately.

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Would be nice to know what you’re paying. I wouldn’t be very patient. If the deal does happen you’ll get a nicely equipped truck and that discount this early is quite good. Noticed destination fees are getting awfully large. Did they just jump $400 for 2019? ( I thought fuel was still pretty cheap. )

Last edited: