Ordered my Whipple Supercharger today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
Good for you. I highly recommend you look into a SmoothBoost electronic boost controller for it. You will thank me if you install it. :)

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
What does that do?

Vastly improves every day drivability. Once you hit vacuum under acceleration, the whipple (without SmoothBoost) kicks in at it's maximum boost, whatever your setup is running. So, even if you just want to give it a little gas, if you hit vacuum, you're at 9 lbs. of boost. With a SmoothBoost, your boost is linear with the position of your gas pedal. So, you can give it a little gas to pass grandma in the Hyundai, and you will only see 1 to 2 lbs. of boost. The only way you get maximum boost is at wide open throttle.

I actually did not enjoy driving My truck before I installed the SmoothBoost. Now, it's a blast. :)

20210523_095741 (1).jpg

OP
OP
Grant Balint

Grant Balint

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok wow that makes sense. Is that something i can put on myself that is pretty easy or should i have the installer do it?

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
So, it would be much easier if it was installed on the Whipple before you actually install the Whipple to the engine. It's not a hard process. If you need help, i'm just a message away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlorianB