Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is a safe risk to take. I haven't yet seen a car thief try to figure out why a vehicle won't start. They wanna get in and get away with it as soon as possible. They aren't gonna hang around to potentially get caught. Same goes for the ones who break into vehicles, center console, glove box, what's in the back seat and gone. Less than roughly 30 seconds from time they are in and out of the vehicle.

I asked the question because some people might want a more OEM type mode with this since the wiring is actually fairly basic. Especially if they already have un-used aux switches. I like a clean OEM look, but I'm not opposed to the super cool James Bond'esc hidden button.
License plate flipper too, lol.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Am I understanding that this switch is on the starter circuit, not on a run circuit, so that once started the vehicle will run regardless of switch position? If so then will it not have to be manually switched off to function as intended? And if so, could a push button switch be used to avoid having to remember to turn it off?

I'm with the others who avoid PayPal. What about sending a check?

Yes, you could use a momentary contact switch if you don't mind holding the bypass button in the closed position, while you press the start button.

The same process would be required to shut off the vehicle. This disable fix removes power from the start button which is required for both start and shut-off actions.

I tested this process with my truck and it runs fine with the circuit open.

Last edited:

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does this stop engine from cranking or from starting
Thanks Bruce

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello Ram Forum Members!

For those who've already reviewed my original thread Hello Everyone! from JW2 Innovations I wanted to put a shorter thread together on ordering one of these No Spice Kill Switch Harness'

The harness - includes 2ft of 20awg wire with tesa tape for $20.00:
View attachment 518091

Add on options at the time of ordering your harness:

If you want additional length added to the 2ft length that comes with the harness while also being covered with tesa tape - $2.00 per additional foot

4.8mm or 6.3mm blade ends crimped to the end of the 2ft cable with heat shrink for $3.00
Photo is for comparison of the two different sizes.
View attachment 518092

Example with 4.8mm crimped ends added Before heat shrink applied for the $3.00 add on:
View attachment 521363

Round Switches offered - using 20mm hole in each round switch below:

Round Rocker switch 2 pin with soldered cable and connections already heat shrinked - $2.00 (you would simply solder this to the long cable of the harness if you prefer this approach, or use butt connectors instead of solder if you chose - while installing your hidden switch)
View attachment 518094

Round Rocker switch 2 pin and 4.8mm blade connectors: $2.00
View attachment 518189

Once you have determined the harness with options above, please send me a PM here on this site, with that detail and your mailing address and email for paypal (venmo option coming soon!) so I can get a quote for the total with shipping. Here is an example of what to send me when placing an order.

John Smith
1234 Example Road
Fall Creek, MS 12345
[email protected] (example only)

Example order sent via PM: Harness w/ extended 2ft with 4.8mm end and a round rocker switch with 2pins.

Example of my response to your PM order will be with your actual shipping cost like seen here:
Harness - $20.00
2 additional feet with vesa tape applied - $4.00
4.8mm ends attached with heat shrink - $3.00
Round Rocker switch - $2.00
Shipping (will be your actual cost from zip 38654 to address you provide) Example here - $4.56
Total $33.56

Once you verify your order with shipping I'll send you a Paypal invoice. Upon receipt of payment your harness is shipped out! Tracking via email will be provided so you can see where your harness is at all the way to your house.

Please reach out if you have any questions. I have harness' in hand ready to go!!
B

Last edited:

Jane S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Back in the '80's, a buddy of mine bought an IROC Z28 convertible. It got stolen. The law recovered it, and he had a kill switch "professionally" installed. It got stolen again. Thieves found the kill switch (determined after it was recovered). This scenario repeated twice more, with the kill switches relocated to the most clever locations.
The insurance company declined any future thefts unless he put the car in a locked garage at night. Inasmuch as he could not put it in a garage, he sold the car.

Years later, I owned a "hot to steal" 1990 Suburban. Being aware of different scenarios germane to theft, I put a stainless steel steering column collar on and bought a "Club". Not only did it never get stolen, I parked it next to another almost identical Suburban in a public parking lot one time. When I came out to leave, my Suburban was sitting there untouched. The parking spot where the other suburban had been window glass all ovparked was empty, and there was a bunch of smashed automotive er the ground under where the driver's door was.

Needless to say, I'm not too keen on kill switches.
"and he had a kill switch "professionally" installed."

The 'professional' or a friend of the 'professional' stole the car!

" smashed automotive window glass all over the ground under where the driver's door was."
Either the theif was a fool or not a true story. You break the rear driver's side passenger's window so you don't sit in broken glass or have to wipe it out of the seat.

Kill switches save vehicles.

JETHRO81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I’d sure like to order one of these. Trying to figure out how to pm you with my info
Hello Ram Forum Members!

For those who've already reviewed my original thread Hello Everyone! from JW2 Innovations I wanted to put a shorter thread together on ordering one of these No Spice Kill Switch Harness'

The harness - includes 2ft of 20awg wire with tesa tape for $20.00:
View attachment 518091

Add on options at the time of ordering your harness:

If you want additional length added to the 2ft length that comes with the harness while also being covered with tesa tape - $2.00 per additional foot

4.8mm or 6.3mm blade ends crimped to the end of the 2ft cable with heat shrink for $3.00
Photo is for comparison of the two different sizes.
View attachment 518092

Example with 4.8mm crimped ends added Before heat shrink applied for the $3.00 add on:
View attachment 521363

Round Switches offered - using 20mm hole in each round switch below:

Round Rocker switch 2 pin with soldered cable and connections already heat shrinked - $2.00 (you would simply solder this to the long cable of the harness if you prefer this approach, or use butt connectors instead of solder if you chose - while installing your hidden switch)
View attachment 518094

Round Rocker switch 2 pin and 4.8mm blade connectors: $2.00
View attachment 518189

Once you have determined the harness with options above, please send me a PM here on this site, with that detail and your mailing address and email for paypal (venmo option coming soon!) so I can get a quote for the total with shipping. Here is an example of what to send me when placing an order.

John Smith
1234 Example Road
Fall Creek, MS 12345
[email protected] (example only)

Example order sent via PM: Harness w/ extended 2ft with 4.8mm end and a round rocker switch with 2pins.

Example of my response to your PM order will be with your actual shipping cost like seen here:
Harness - $20.00
2 additional feet with vesa tape applied - $4.00
4.8mm ends attached with heat shrink - $3.00
Round Rocker switch - $2.00
Shipping (will be your actual cost from zip 38654 to address you provide) Example here - $4.56
Total $33.56

Once you verify your order with shipping I'll send you a Paypal invoice. Upon receipt of payment your harness is shipped out! Tracking via email will be provided so you can see where your harness is at all the way to your house.

Please reach out if you have any questions. I have harness' in hand ready to go!!
what’s going on there? I’m trying to send you a message so that I could order one of these kill switches and I just can’t figure it out so I’m sending you this, so hopefully you see it and response was I cannot figure out how to send you a private message or a DM or whatever it’s called. Thanks for your time. Be safe.

OP
OP
JW2 Innovations

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
what’s going on there? I’m trying to send you a message so that I could order one of these kill switches and I just can’t figure it out so I’m sending you this, so hopefully you see it and response was I cannot figure out how to send you a private message or a DM or whatever it’s called. Thanks for your time. Be safe.
Sent you a PM, thanks for reaching out!

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello Jw2 if you could can you PM me would like to order a harness from you. thanks

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello Jw2 if you could can you PM me would like to order a harness from you. thanks

The best method to get Jeff's attention is to send a PM.

@JW2 Innovations is usually pretty quick to respond.

Fallguy007

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Challenger
Engine
The wiring harness is Excellent! Checked it out from head to toe from the tesa tape wrap to pin connectors and with ohm meter. Installed on a Challenger without a hitch. This quy is a absolute pro and this is a quality part. Dont ever hack into your factory wiring just use this, totally worth it in every regard.

Fallguy007

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Challenger
Engine
The wiring harness is Excellent! Checked it out from head to toe from the tesa tape wrap to pin connectors and with ohm meter. Installed on a Challenger without a hitch. This quy is a absolute pro and this is a quality part. Dont ever hack into your factory wiring just use this, totally worth it in every regard.

OP
OP
JW2 Innovations

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Thank you @Fallguy007 for your kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed your harness!

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I considered doing this type of installation too but then decided against it because...

As Jeff mentioned, any unidentified button may get pressed in a button-mashing fit. I wouldn't risk it, my switch is well hidden.

This might be a good time to mention that, on my Warlock, the current draw on the start switch line was only 35 mA. This allows using a very small switch instead of a larger, higher current toggle or button switch.

If you hide the switch or switches good enough there will be no button mashing fit going on.
After I hid my kill switchs I installed another one kind of hidden to stop them from searching for the correct switches that will turn on a latching relay. This activate an aftermarket alarm system
That they can't turn off by the same switch. :)

Last edited:

haleme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have had the KS harness installed on my 2500 for about a year now. Works flawlessly every single time. I don't use a switch to kill the start button, but an RF transponder and receiver attached to the KS harness. No buttons or switches are present in the truck for a thief to button mash and override.

I am beyond pleased with this arrangement and thankful for Jeff's excellent contributions.

OP
OP
JW2 Innovations

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
I have had the KS harness installed on my 2500 for about a year now. Works flawlessly every single time. I don't use a switch to kill the start button, but an RF transponder and receiver attached to the KS harness. No buttons or switches are present in the truck for a thief to button mash and override.

I am beyond pleased with this arrangement and thankful for Jeff's excellent contributions.
Glad to hear it @haleme and thank you for your feedback! There are certainly some very clever approaches I've helped (and others im sure that did it on their own too!) with getting their ideas to functional solutions along the way, and always glad to help!

For fastest response if you have questions or ideas youd like to know if possible please hit me up via the website and I'll get back to you soon.