Ordering tomorrow -- unless you tell me otherwise!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluesfan68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There are at least 6 Ram Dealers in the Indianapolis area and I would go see all of them and then you can have a little fun while you are at it making them outbid each other. When I bought my 11 Ram Sport ( New ) I played every dealer here in St. Louis against each other and I ended up walking away with a 11 Sport CC 4x4 with every freaking option for 32,000 and 1.9% Financing after my trade in , which was a 2000 Sport Quad cab and they gave me $11,000 for it. Still cant believe they gave me that much, lol. Blue book was about 5 grand . Shop around is the best advice I have seen on here . Heck, St. Louis is only 3 hours from Indy as well if your looking for more dealers. Good Luck !!! I only paid 34,000 for my 13' as well . So the deals are out there , just don't take what some salesman is trying to feed you as a final sale.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
there is NO reason you shouldnt be able to get 8-10k off of msrp (before trade and down payment). shop around. even if you are going to special order it still shop.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
$5k isn't hardly a discount at all! Keep looking and keep dealing... like the others have said. I know location has a lot to do with pricing, but one of my local dealers is offering $13k in rebates for Ram Truck Month. We bought our loaded Big Horn in Dec. and got $12,200 off of the price. I went through 4 or 5 different dealers to find our truck and played them all against each other. Finally ended up driving out of state to get the best deal.

bigfoot2219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
$5k isn't hardly a discount at all! Keep looking and keep dealing... like the others have said. I know location has a lot to do with pricing, but one of my local dealers is offering $13k in rebates for Ram Truck Month. We bought our loaded Big Horn in Dec. and got $12,200 off of the price. I went through 4 or 5 different dealers to find our truck and played them all against each other. Finally ended up driving out of state to get the best deal.

I pit 3 Tulsa dealers against each other before taking the best deal out to Pryor where they beat the snot out of it. 13k off an express :roflsquared:

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I pit 3 Tulsa dealers against each other before taking the best deal out to Pryor where they beat the snot out of it. 13k off an express :roflsquared:

Tulsa and Claremore are where I was looking... ended up going to Little Rock, AR.

OP
OP
T

traveler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I just talked to another dealer, and he told me EP is the absolute best I can possibly do anywhere.

I wonder how many people here have actually negotiated something like 80% of MSRP, etc -- these crazy deals -- on a vehicle that had to be ORDERED, not one that was sitting on the lot.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
It's pretty tough to get an EP control number, but even if someone can get you a F&F control number you still take the rebates off of that number.

OP
OP
T

traveler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Maybe our deal just doesn't seem so great, because the rebates right now sort of suck?

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. We did not order today. I did call around, and like I said -- was told that EP is the best we can do. I was told that if it were a truck sitting on the lot that they wanted/needed to get rid of, maybe they would sell at more of a discount. I think we are at a disadvantage because of needing to order.

tripower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Rebates are what they are, they come down from Chrysler, they aren't negotiable, and they're different for everyone depending on your situation. So, anyone that's quoting specific $10k+ amounts that you personally should be getting off is just speculating.

I have a few questions:

Why are you foregoing the rebate in lieu of a 2.9 rate? Typically, auto loans are lower than that today. You could keep the rebate and finance somewhere else, or use these other rates to negotiate a fair 2% rate through the dealer. Just go to the AAA site or any other major bank to get a rate quote and then use that as leverage. They want you to finance through them, they'll match the rate (unless you have bad credit).

What's the invoice price of the truck you want to purchase? You say the truck's MSRP is around $45-46k. Invoice is probably in the $41k area. Good deals are typically a few hundred under invoice (most don't quality for EP). You can get the invoice price at many sites - try truecar.com. Discounts can get better under certain conditions - like buying last year's models (and taking an immediate value hit because of it), but you aren't in that situation when ordering a 2015.

Current rebates are available on the Ram website. What do they say for your situation? It looks like the CC 6'4" Outdoorsman is getting $2500 off right now including the $500 for truck month. Using history as our guide, these rebates will only get better in the coming months. There's nothing new about the Ram so they aren't going to start dropping the rebates.

Chrysler's policy on orders is to lock-in and honor the rebates at the time of order. If they get better, they'll give you that as well. This has nothing to do with the dealer. You can confirm this by heading over to ramtrucks.com and chatting with customer service. But like I mentioned rebates will most likely get better by the time your truck is delivers, so this is most likely a moot point.

I just went through this with my 2015 order.

Good luck with the order! :favorites13:

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

traveler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Rebates are what they are, they come down from Chrysler, they aren't negotiable, and they're different for everyone depending on your situation. So, anyone that's quoting specific $10k+ amounts that you personally should be getting off is just speculating.

I have a few questions:

Why are you foregoing the rebate in lieu of a 2.9 rate? Typically, auto loans are lower than that today. You could keep the rebate and finance somewhere else, or use these other rates to negotiate a fair 2% rate through the dealer. Just go to the AAA site or any other major bank to get a rate quote and then use that as leverage. They want you to finance through them, they'll match the rate (unless you have bad credit).

Well, speaking of speculation -- that's what we've had going on here. They say they can't tell us what our interest rate will be until the truck is actually here. They have not even run our credit yet, because we all know it is good, so they are saying, "don't worry about it, you will get good financing, but we will do that when the truck is actually here." (Basically).

The $2000 rebate right now is if you finance through Chrysler Capital, and they tell me at the dealership that they will ~rarely~ go 84 mos. with that deal. They are also saying that you can EITHER get that rebate OR you can get the 2.9% for 84 mos. So, I was just saying, if we have to choose -- we would go with the longer financing with the lower rate... because the monthly payment is already going to be huge! We can't go less than 84 mos.

What's the invoice price of the truck you want to purchase? You say the truck's MSRP is around $45-46k. Invoice is probably in the $41k area. Good deals are typically a few hundred under invoice (most don't quality for EP). You can get the invoice price at many sites - try truecar.com. Discounts can get better under certain conditions - like buying last year's models (and taking an immediate value hit because of it), but you aren't in that situation when ordering a 2015.

I do not have a copy of the invoice... And honestly, I did not look at all of the stuff at the top. I was looking for the EP price because that is what we qualify for. And I really thought we couldn't do any better than that -- until I came here! But now, I am starting to think that we really CAN'T do any better than that... if we have to order, anyway.

Current rebates are available on the Ram website. What do they say for your situation? It looks like the CC 6'4" Outdoorsman is getting $2500 off right now including the $500 for truck month. Using history as our guide, these rebates will only get better in the coming months. There's nothing new about the Ram so they aren't going to start dropping the rebates.

Chrysler's policy on orders is to lock-in and honor the rebates at the time of order. If they get better, they'll give you that as well. This has nothing to do with the dealer. You can confirm this by heading over to ramtrucks.com and chatting with customer service. But like I mentioned rebates will most likely get better by the time your truck is delivers, so this is most likely a moot point.

I just went through this with my 2015 order.

Good luck with the order! :favorites13:

I am really glad to know that the rebates should be getting better. What is out there for us right now is sort of depressing.

Thank you for your help. We are still throwing around options. I am really glad I found this place!

OP
OP
T

traveler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
of course he's lying. i've yet to see a salesman that doesn't have to clear offers with his boss first. i suppose it's always possible he didn't talk to his boss but it's highly unlikely and would most likely cost him his job

The owner of the place was not there on the day I stopped in with both cars to get trade #s. The guy who is normally in charge of finance stuff is the one who told us $3000 for the Odyssey. I looked it up last night and it's actually not ~that~ far off KBB, but according to our salesman, the owner thought it was too much and said "I don't even want that van." Lol.

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the owner thought it was too much and said "I don't even want that van." Lol.

he's probably not lying there. most dealers i've seen keep a few cheap vehicles on the lot but they just sell most of them to used dealers at very little profit.

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
Traveler, you are wanting 84 month financing. Not sure if dealers offer that long. I have only seen 72 month. Generally speaking, the longer the term the higher the interest rate. I would look around at some of the smaller banks and credit unions in your area for vehicle financing. my bank is a smaller local credit union for teachers and school employees and their families. Their financing was set up as I explained above. They also offered lower rates if you put down 20% and even lower with 30% down payments. Just something to inquire about.

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Truecar is a scam from what i have read. Its good for one thing like you said (a reference). I was offered a truck for a few grand under what according to truecar "the average person pays". Think about it. Where do they get their profits from..... thats right, the dealers

. Invoice is probably in the $41k area. Good deals are typically a few hundred under invoice (most don't quality for EP). You can get the invoice price at many sites - try truecar.com.

wingnutks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Dealers were definitely willing to deal this weekend. All 3 dealers I talked to said they had a quota to try and meet that Ram gave them for mid month. After some decent negotiation they basically came right out and said that they were willing to go deep into their holdback, and sell a truck for basically no profit just to bring their numbers up. I am shopping around for a truck at the moment as well. At first I was shopping for a 2500. I was able to get ~10k off a truck with an MSRP of $50k. Now I am looking at Big Horns and Sports 1500s. For the sport I was able to get a $48.8k MSRP truck down to $39.6k. From what I can tell that is basically deep into dealer holdback plus incentives... the only way I can see it going lower is if incentives go up.
I have no idea how people here are getting $41k trucks for $30k. With current invoices that is like getting the truck for $5k under invoice.

If the incentives go up at all for April I will be picking up a truck for sure.

OP
OP
T

traveler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Traveler, you are wanting 84 month financing. Not sure if dealers offer that long. I have only seen 72 month. Generally speaking, the longer the term the higher the interest rate. I would look around at some of the smaller banks and credit unions in your area for vehicle financing. my bank is a smaller local credit union for teachers and school employees and their families. Their financing was set up as I explained above. They also offered lower rates if you put down 20% and even lower with 30% down payments. Just something to inquire about.

Actually, we had no problem getting 84 mos @ 3.85% for our Durango a couple of years ago at the dealer. We do have a credit union I can call -- and I will -- but they check with so many places, right there AT the dealership... Lately, we've been happier with what they can come up with than what we can come up with on our own.

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You can get 7 yrs but it raises the rate a little. It all depends if its worth it to her. They started that Im not sure when, it hasnt been that long (I think?) for people that simply want a nicer vehicle and cant afford the payments that they should be making :)

Actually, we had no problem getting 84 mos @ 3.85% for our Durango a couple of years ago at the dealer. We do have a credit union I can call -- and I will -- but they check with so many places, right there AT the dealership... Lately, we've been happier with what they can come up with than what we can come up with on our own.

OP
OP
T

traveler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I guess I'm not sure who decides what payments we "should" be making. I mean... I'm sure there was some point when people thought 6 years sounded ridiculous. Or five. Now it's seven. Probably, before you know it, seven will seem like no big deal, because they'll be going 8 or 9 years.

Going 7 years on a brand new truck doesn't bother us a bit, if we are planning to keep it for all of those years and beyond. Of course I could save some interest by going with a shorter term, but if I'm having to put groceries on the credit card to afford that monthly payment -- doesn't make much sense in the long run, does it?

Anyway -- I checked the website of our credit union, and their rate is 5.49% for 84 mos. on a brand new vehicle. Ummm, NO. And *that* is why we are not comfortable with ordering a truck, giving them a deposit, and not having all of our ducks in a row. If they come back with a number like that -- the answer would be NO WAY. We'd have to walk away from the whole deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertDenmon