P0068

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spydermann11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2007 RAM 1500 4X2 4.7 LITER
this winter my idle started to vary, up and down, up and down - from 1000 rpm to 1500 rpm. I also noticed that at low speeds - around 40 mph or so, when slowing the tranny would slam pretty good while downshifting, it would be in a really high gear like overdrive running about 800 rpm. recently it had the check engine light came on, truck killed but started back up after about 2 minutes. I read online and tried the turn the ignition 3x quick and it threw up code P0068. The code lists several things including Throttle position sensor.
due to the slamming of the tranny, I changed the tranny oil & filter which made the slamming worse and also caused constant shifting while at freeway speeds. I read up more on this and found that the tranny is learning or re-learning.
I wonder if all of this is related.
I did wiggle the wires on the Throttle Position Sensor and have driven the truck only once and it didn't seem to have the throttle vary like before and the tranny seems to be evening out.
Any thoughts/suggestions?

dmacell1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 supercharged at 10psi
When the tps sensor went in my last truck the idle and off throttle response were the first thing to get dicey. Pulling out in traffic got scary because it wouldnt accelerate all the time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
professionalish