p0300 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

segur80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 magnum
hello ppl. have a 2003 qc1500, 4.7. did the key trick to get the code of p0300.
truck has a tick noise coming from passenger side of engine. will not go past 35 mph, will not rev past 3500 rpm while sitting in park. cannot figure it out. have been told a follower is off the cam, could possibly need new heads. replaced the plugs within the last 2 weeks, ran fine before. put some gas in it, went home. drove to work the next morning, halfway there, started running like crap. replaced the plugs, have not done anything since. left scratching my head. any ideas would be greatly appreciated, don't really want to change the motor, only has 140,000 on the truck.

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
If you're hearing a ticking sound then I would pull off the valve covers and take a look at the springs.

OP
OP
S

segur80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 magnum
been a long time, money has been tight. but now for the bad news. my driver side timing chain ended up breaking! valves blew holes in the front 2 pistons. now this has been a while back, hell, before summer. i have purchased a 4.7 from an 02 1500 with a spun main bearing. have been looking into putting these 2 motors together to make a fresh one, but don't know which gaskets to get. have looked on ebay at the master rebuild kits around 550 - 600. i've called the rebuild shop in my area, and there telling me 1200 for the kit. this has made me question the quality of the ebay kit. please help and any guidance would be appreciated. Planned on a full rebuild kit, all gaskets, pistons, all bearings and timing kit minus sprockets.