P0300 2023 1500 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigHorn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys, I’m new to this forum. Last year I bought a new 2023 1500. With the 5.7 Etorque. It’s only got 8400 miles on it. I’ve been driving it quite a bit the last few days. Went out to dinner last night for about an hour and after starting it up it began to rough roughy with a flashing check engine light. Before this there’s been no issues with the truck. Only code I have is P0300. Doing some research on the code one of the main issues I’m seeing is failed spark plugs. Given it has not even 10k on it I have a hard time believing the spark plugs are bad already. Has anybody had this issue before?

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Thank you for bringing these concerns of yours to our attention. If you get the chance, can you please send us a private message, so we can look further into this for you and see where we can best provide our support?

Dakota
Ram Cares

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Hey guys, I’m new to this forum. Last year I bought a new 2023 1500. With the 5.7 Etorque. It’s only got 8400 miles on it. I’ve been driving it quite a bit the last few days. Went out to dinner last night for about an hour and after starting it up it began to rough roughy with a flashing check engine light. Before this there’s been no issues with the truck. Only code I have is P0300. Doing some research on the code one of the main issues I’m seeing is failed spark plugs. Given it has not even 10k on it I have a hard time believing the spark plugs are bad already. Has anybody had this issue before?
probably long gone, but that is generic mis fire code not specific to any one cylinder. What did dealer say?

Racing Woody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My 2022 Rebel w/32K on it just did the same thing. I have had since new and have had dealer perform all service on schedule. No prior issues and out of the blue turned on truck and real rough idle, within a minute check engine light came on flashing and beeping. Code pulled misfire.

New camshaft & lifters are on order at dealer, has compression, no metal in oil. They think a lifter went bad and wiped the cam.