P219B code, what else to look for

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tecxy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have a 2015 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 that started throwing a P219B code about a week ago. I have done a few things to try and fix the code, but it's still popping up. So far I have:
*Replaced all O2 sensors
*Retorqued intake manifold
*Replaced intake manifold gaskets
*Replaced MAF sensor
*Tested and verified there are no vacuum leaks or exhaust leaks

The truck doesn't run rough at all either.

Any ideas on what else could be the issue?

Lee Peterson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you have any tool that can monitor fuel trims? I wondering if an injector is leaking or clogged a little! You could look at spark plugs if 1 is black it might be dumping to much fuel to that cylinder!

If you have Alfa you can pull a rail put an injector in a measuring cup and run each injector manually for 10 secs and measure each injector! You can also run a pressure gauge and see if one injector drops fuel prime pressure lower.

Last edited:

eckman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Limited
Engine
5.7 l Hemi
I have had the same problem with P219B only showing up on my scanner for my 2016 Ram Limited with 5.7 L Hemi for the last year. I did what you did plus the EGR sensor and PCV valve replacement. My truck works well with the engine code P219B but my eco mode is not working. My scanner (good quality shop quality instrument) shows nothing wrong with my injectors and nothing mechanically or electrically wrong that would trigger P219B! The error P219B shows up again after clearing, as the engine light is on, while I drive sustain speed at 1500 rpm. Since I started to avoid driving at 1500 rpm and keep the engine either below 1500 or above that rpm, the engine light on has not returned. Then I forget to monitor it and bang the engine light comes on and the mysterious code P219B shows up again!! Also, I noticed that using cruise control brings up the engine light on and the same code again. I avoid using the cruise control and no light is showing up! I did a lot of research on the subject and no one knows for sure why this thing is happening.....

Luish626

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have had the same problem with P219B only showing up on my scanner for my 2016 Ram Limited with 5.7 L Hemi for the last year. I did what you did plus the EGR sensor and PCV valve replacement. My truck works well with the engine code P219B but my eco mode is not working. My scanner (good quality shop quality instrument) shows nothing wrong with my injectors and nothing mechanically or electrically wrong that would trigger P219B! The error P219B shows up again after clearing, as the engine light is on, while I drive sustain speed at 1500 rpm. Since I started to avoid driving at 1500 rpm and keep the engine either below 1500 or above that rpm, the engine light on has not returned. Then I forget to monitor it and bang the engine light comes on and the mysterious code P219B shows up again!! Also, I noticed that using cruise control brings up the engine light on and the same code again. I avoid using the cruise control and no light is showing up! I did a lot of research on the subject and no one knows for sure why this thing is happening.....
Did you figure out what was the problem ?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel

Causes for this code may include:
Engine vacuum leak (large)
Defective oxygen sensor/s
Burnt, chafed, broken, or disconnected wiring and/or connectors Engine exhaust leaks
A faulty mass air flow or manifold air pressure sensor
Bad fuel pump or clogged fuel filter

You will need a diagnostic scanner, a digital volt/ohmmeter (DVOM), and a source of reliable vehicle information in order to accurately diagnose a code P219B.

Read more at: https://www.obd-codes.com/p219b
Copyright OBD-Codes.com

there is a lot more to read about this code at this site