P26Ab Engine coolant bypass valve stuck/open??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guitarrox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has anyone experienced this? It turns my engine light on and turns off and then back on. It’s annoying as it turns off my mds and won’t allow remote start to keep the truck running. Hasn’t affected anything else but I hate the ding of the engine light when I start my truck and definitely hate seeing the light.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Has anyone experienced this? It turns my engine light on and turns off and then back on. It’s annoying as it turns off my mds and won’t allow remote start to keep the truck running. Hasn’t affected anything else but I hate the ding of the engine light when I start my truck and definitely hate seeing the light.

It's fairly common.The valve is located just under the airbox on the pass side frame rail,fairly easy to swap out.

(2) 2015 Ram truck 3 way coolant valve removal and replacement - YouTube

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

Airdrie Dodge has the valve in stock,and they're open till 2:00 today.Ph # 403-948-3200 and ask for Jason.That's the direct line to their parts department.

OP
OP
Guitarrox

Guitarrox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I've not had to replace the coolant 3-way valve or bypass valve. What ever they call it, but it doesn't look too bad. My 2017 has one. I'd pinch off the hoses as close to the valve as possible to minimize coolant loss and air into the system.

Luckily they did away with this valve on 2018+ Ram 1500s. My 2019 classic has a just an open plastic nipple/coupling in place of where the valve once was.