PA amp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
anyone know of a cheap amp I can use for my pa? I want mine to be louder. the problem isnt the speaker, its a 50 watt speaker, the problem is most cbs will only put out like 4-5 watts so the speaker isnt being used to its full potential. I had found some before but cant seem to find any...

OP
OP
TexasRammer

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
See if this will work for you: CB Radio External Speaker & PA Horn Amplifier | FTL Distributing

About the only one I can find.

I actually jsut found that one, that may be an option.

I also found some like these
New 25W X2 USB Mini Power Amplifier Car Audio Digital Speaker Amp Red US Stock | eBay

200W 12V Mini Hi Fi Amplifier Radio MP3 Stereo for Car Motorcycle Boat Home | eBay

Mini Hi Fi Stereo Amplifier Amp MP3 iPod Motorcycle 12V | eBay

these should work too right? I just dont know which one to choose...

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Ok the first one may not fit what you want to do. Now the second one also is gonna be iffy. The third is also not too my liking.
Where the problem is you want to hook up just one speaker to the amp and the ones you found are 2 channel amps. You should look for a mono low power amp, but the one I linked above is what truckers and a lot of offroaders use. It will do what you want with minimal effort to install.

OP
OP
TexasRammer

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok the first one may not fit what you want to do. Now the second one also is gonna be iffy. The third is also not too my liking.
Where the problem is you want to hook up just one speaker to the amp and the ones you found are 2 channel amps. You should look for a mono low power amp, but the one I linked above is what truckers and a lot of offroaders use. It will do what you want with minimal effort to install.

I dont know much, but why does it matter that theyre a 2 channel? I cant find any mono ones besides that first one you posted. It just doesnt have as much power as these

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I believe it would split the power between the channels but I know nothing about amps-

OP
OP
TexasRammer

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
it will split it but most of them are like 200w max, and say 25watt rms on both channels, which is still a lot and more than that mono amp

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Ok here is a bit of information for amps and power. First the rated power is always peak on any car audio amp, which is what the ones you linked are. rms power is normally 1/4 or less than the peak rated power. Second the power is rated for specific impedence, or the ohm's of the speakers. If an amp says it puts out 200 watts into 2 ohms, then it puts out 100 watts into 4 ohms and 50 watts into 8 ohms peak. Your rms watts will be 1/4 of the peak of 2 ohms 50 watts peak, 4 ohms 25 watts, and 8 ohms will be 14.5 watts. Now seeing as your speaker should be 8 ohms you want an amp that will put out high wattage at 8 ohms. The one I linked above is designed to do just that. It will give you everything it has at 8 ohms. Over-driving a speaker will shorten its lifespan siginificantly. Using an amp with more rated wattage than a speaker can handle will destroy said speaker real fast.
A stereo amp like those that you linked above will like Stangshcky12 said split the wattage between the 2 channels thus giving a lot less than advertised wattage. You will need a monoblock amplifier with no more than 50 watts peak (I had no luck finding any that were that low power). Even though yur speaker says it will handle 50 watts it most likely means peak wattage and not rms wattage. rms wattage is what you want to look for, an amp that has no more than 15-20 watts rms will be more than enough for your PA speaker.