PacBrake remote filter install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
what would be the case say you broke down on the road and it was towed to the dealer, you could not take it off then you're screwed big time.
If you know it's broke,why would you have it towed to the dealer right away,even if you broke down on the side of the road,it's still easy to remove and spin a factory filter back on. You're operating like it's a days job to remove it,when it should come off in about 5 minutes /10 if you're really slow,lol

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well first off I don't carry a box load of tools in a new truck and if it is broken down, what are you going to do go all the way home and go back with tools before getting it towed. not practical what you are saying.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Well first off I don't carry a box load of tools in a new truck and if it is broken down, what are you going to do go all the way home and go back with tools before getting it towed. not practical what you are saying.
3 wrenches are gonna remove it bud,i'm not sure why you think you need a boatload of tools to unbolt 2 bolts and remove 2 lines.There's 2 bolts that bolt it to the frame that are the same size,so that's 2 wrenches,there's 2 lines to remove,that are the same size,that's 1 more wrench.You sure like to make things difficult don't you,lol.You better hand in your man card if you can't get it off in 10 minutes and spin a filter back onto the factory nipple.3 wrenches and a filter will easily fit under the seat. For you i might reconmend not doing the relocation kit though,as it might be out of your league ,seeing as how you think it's an impossible job to remove it :Big Laugh:

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like your teaching me how to take it off, but if I put it on you think then I would be able to take it off. OK so I will carry all the tools in my pocket for when my truck takes a crap on the side of the highway, then I will crawl under the truck to disassemble the filter re-locator and put it back to OEM, after that I will call a tow truck to get my new truck off the highway.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
3 wrenches are gonna remove it bud,i'm not sure why you think you need a boatload of tools to unbolt 2 bolts and remove 2 lines.There's 2 bolts that bolt it to the frame that are the same size,so that's 2 wrenches,there's 2 lines to remove,that are the same size,that's 1 more wrench.You sure like to make things difficult don't you,lol.You better hand in your man card if you can't get it off in 10 minutes and spin a filter back onto the factory nipple.3 wrenches and a filter will easily fit under the seat. For you i might reconmend not doing the relocation kit though,as it might be out of your league ,seeing as how you think it's an impossible job to remove it :Big Laugh:
you forgot the wire cutters to cut the tie wraps.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Why do you put tie wraps on ?
I don't,it was the other guy who is putting zipties on.You quoted the wrong post,i just told him a pocket knife would cut whatever zipties he's used,instead of a set of side cutters.The only thing i use zipties on,on my dual filter set-up,is to hold convoluted hose covering on the hoses,where-ever they might touch or rub something,but they don't have to be removed to remove the kit,as they're only attaching the hose covering to each individual hose.

Attachments

• DSCN4954.JPG
    DSCN4954.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited: