Paint chipping on front painted bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dawenger85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L v6 gas/electric
I bought a new 2022 ram 1500 back in march of 22. I noticed in the first 10k miles that I had some paint chips on the front bumper all the way to the white. I thought it was bad luck. Stone chips? Absolutely not! Now I’ve been riding my motorcycle a lot and the truck has been in the garage and the paint is still chipping like a mother. Now it looks like I have a white spotted gray truck. Less than 20k miles. Does anyone know if ram covers this? My truck is garage kept and detailed and I have ceramic coating on it. Any help? Thanks !

Units

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Bighorn
Engine
6.7l Cummins
Not to add insult to injury but, that is precisely why I didn’t get a truck with a painted bumper, bugs and rocks are terrible on paint. Hope you get the problem resolved.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
Is it possible that the color-matched bumper is a dealer-added item? This would explain why the paint is chipping so readily.

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I’ve read a couple posts on here complaining of this. I would have preferred chrome myself but would have had to order instead of buying out of dealer stock. One of the reasons I had PPF applied to the bumper and hood front. If the paint spalls at least I hope the clear film will hold it in place and look presentable.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
On my last Ram, a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500.

The paint was rock & coarse sand blasted

The lip of the hood was protected by a hood shield
1698089587986.png

But the front bumper was badly chipped & sand blasted.
the area just above the windshield, did not have any orange paint on it.

When i sold it, i took it to the Body Shop that i use.
That shop repainted both places.
I had sold it to a Junior High Gym Teacher.
He or his Father drives by & waves every once in a while.
I sold it to the teacher back in 2016
That truck had over 140,000 miles on it

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I feel your pain. I bought the factory touch up paint for the truck before I took delivery. If your paint is really flaking, you should take it up with the dealer.