Parking/Emergency Brake Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prs3603

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last night I was parked on my driveway and after putting the parking brake on, I went to go leave and pulled the lever. The pedal came back a little bit but the light was still on. After some investigation, I found that I had to pull the lever and also pull the pedal back further so that it turns off the light and I would assume completely releases the parking brake. Does anyone know what the issue is? Do I need to buy a new cable? Is the lever messed up or are the shoes shot? I have not been able to go underneath my truck yet as I have been working. Will do that later. Have seen some articles about having a loose cable that just needs to be tightened. Is that the likely cause? Or is the issue located at the pedal?

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Check if the cable is sagged, if it is, you can try to adjust it and see if that helps. Usually if the pedal doesn’t come back up all the way it’s caused by out of adjustment or stretched cables.