Parking Light out / front side marker message!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moo86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everyone,

Recently bought 2014 RAM 1500 SLT, the owner has swap front headlight from quad to aftermarket Projector headlight, and rear taillight with Vland newer 2020 LED taillight, however he did some changes using ALFAOBD, and as the taillight he installed he shouldn't change any settings as a direct fir came with resistor attached on the taillight, unfortunately he did some changes on alphaobd that he doesn't remember. Also for the front headlight I believe not sure!

Error message (Parking light out comes every time I hit the brake or turn signals, only when the lights ON!

I've attached screen shots of the errors.

Now, I tried to change around few sittings using Alfaobd, but without any luck!! I do need to re-install the factory quad headlight and the rear halogen basic taillights, but I do need to copy the settings to shut this annoying error messages.

Can anyone PLEASE help and tell me what is the factory settings that came with the SLT trim any other halogen bulbs? I've swapped the taillights to the factory ones also didn't work, error message pops, changed LED presents to NO for the tails, no change still error for taillights!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230615_201607_AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20230615_201607_AlfaOBD.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20230615_201615_AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20230615_201615_AlfaOBD.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20230615_201621_AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20230615_201621_AlfaOBD.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20230617_120116_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230617_120116_Gallery.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
M

Moo86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've checked all the connectors everything looke clean and intact!!! All the lights works as it should too, only the warning messages pops and fault codes shown on the attachments!!!

This makes me really confused!!

rikijm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
getting same error with my 2018 Ram. just had right rear quarter repaired and bumper replaced. replaced right brake/turn socket with OEM. all else clean/tight. still getting 'parking light out' when I brake and only when lights are on. still looking

truck2569

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everyone,

Recently bought 2014 RAM 1500 SLT, the owner has swap front headlight from quad to aftermarket Projector headlight, and rear taillight with Vland newer 2020 LED taillight, however he did some changes using ALFAOBD, and as the taillight he installed he shouldn't change any settings as a direct fir came with resistor attached on the taillight, unfortunately he did some changes on alphaobd that he doesn't remember. Also for the front headlight I believe not sure!

Error message (Parking light out comes every time I hit the brake or turn signals, only when the lights ON!

I've attached screen shots of the errors.

Now, I tried to change around few sittings using Alfaobd, but without any luck!! I do need to re-install the factory quad headlight and the rear halogen basic taillights, but I do need to copy the settings to shut this annoying error messages.

Can anyone PLEASE help and tell me what is the factory settings that came with the SLT trim any other halogen bulbs? I've swapped the taillights to the factory ones also didn't work, error message pops, changed LED presents to NO for the tails, no change still error for taillights!!!
This is what Ram dealer told me were I work. When replacing with aftermarket units to replace factory they don't give out the same wattage, and it will show an error code. I have a 2013 3500 HD that I have replaced the headlights and taillights with aftermarket and I get the same codes. Even though everything works just fine.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've checked all the connectors everything looke clean and intact!!! All the lights works as it should too, only the warning messages pops and fault codes shown on the attachments!!!

This makes me really confused!!
Did you or the previous owner replace the tail light sockets with aftermarket? The forth gen trucks do not do well with aftermarket sockets and will set codes.

azmusclecar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I get the same error message and all of my lights work on my 2014

truck2569

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I get the same messages on my 2013 also and all the lights are working. This is what the ram e-tech told me. If you place aftermarket lights on your truck they take a different amp setting for power usage in the control module and it will show that code. I work at the local ram dealership he told me if you don't use OEM RamPartsthat message will always come up. A headlight assembly for my truck just one side is over a 1000.00 and I get 2 aftermarkets for 1/2 that.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat