Passenger dash airbag replacement, Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4thgen57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey everyone, I bought a 2020 ram 1500 classic off copart, and the airbag sensor went off when a deer hit the front bumper causing the dash and steering wheel airbags to go off. I’m pretty sure I can replace the steering wheel airbag without concern but what about the dash airbag? It looks like it blew a hole in the dash and it probably needs to be replaced, do I have to buy a whole new dash or can I just replace the airbag and repair the dash? Also do I need to replace the airbag module to put the new airbags in? And how do I do this repair safely without blowing up a $600 dash and $250 steering wheel? Thanks so much,
-Alex

OP
OP

4thgen57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You have to replace the dash. The airbag for the dash is a complete unit like the steering wheel airbag
Ok, I was thinking that is the case, also do I have to replace the airbag module too because it set the airbags off?