PCM FLASH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRAM1500SC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
After months of waiting, I will be receiving my new PCM tomorrow. However, the dealer let me know that it did not get flashed with my VIN. I get the basic concept of how to perform this, but Where should i download a proper program from? Also, any Step by Steps, to detail the Process, would be appreciated.

OP
OP
J

JRAM1500SC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Can they do this before i install the PCM in the Truck? I have no way of getting the Truck to the dealership... Otherwise I'm left trying to Flash it myself

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I know AlfaOBD can change the VIN and injector codes for the diesel trucks, not sure about the gassers. Also as mentioned the PCM may need to be flashed with your vehicle engine configuration. Example the Ram and Jeep GC EcoDiesel both use the same ECM but the programming is different between the two.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was wondering if he could download the program from the old one using AlphaOBD print / save feature (or get a copy of someone elses) and then clone the new one, using AlfaOBD, line by line.

Would be a time consuming venture, but maybe could be done on the bench.

Just a thought