PCM swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MidwestJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
09 Hemi Bighorn here.

Can you guys take pity on me and school me with cliff notes on what all this entails?

-cost to purchase?
-will it work on my 09?
-plug and play??
-anything else to know?

I have no tuner or tune on my current pcm as I’ve been fearful of getting detected at the dealership and voiding my lifetime warranty.

Thanks a ton guys

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
On a 2009 you do not have to change out the PCM to install a tuner. Contact Matt at Moe's Performance and talk to him about a Diablo tuner with a Hemifever custom tune. The "canned" tunes that come with the standard tuner do not perform very well. A custom tune is written exclusively for YOUR truck. A tuner with a custom tune will give you more bang for the buck than almost any other modification you can make short of Nitrous, a turbocharger or a supercharger. Cost should be around $500 give or take.
Jay

OP
OP
M

MidwestJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks man-I just don’t want to fry my OEM PCM.

I want to be able to pull out the tuned PCM for stealth going into the dealer.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thanks man-I just don’t want to fry my OEM PCM.

I want to be able to pull out the tuned PCM for stealth going into the dealer.

If your worried about your warrenty,you're better off not tuning it. Even if you change the PCM for a warrenty claim,if the claim is big enough,they'll be able to tell somethings up,as your mileges won't match,and your warrenty won't mean squat.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMHO--If you can afford a tuner you should be able to afford any repair if the damage was caused by the tuner. That way you don't have to lie to the dealer.
Jay

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jovtra