PCV Valve $35 Cheap Insurance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RodRamCar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 4x4 w/ 3.92s
To put it simply, this is by far the easiest but most valuable part not to neglect. If you are over 100k miles, and you're not sure if your pcv valve has ever been replaced, replace it. Even if you're at 30k, pull it out give it a shake and listen for it to make a clacking noise as you shake it. If it makes no noise, replace it immediately. It's gummed up and won't allow pressure to ventilate leading to potential blown seals or blown motor. Go to Amazon below and order this. It's the Mopar identical part even with a Chrysler pentastar logo on it. $35

Standard Motor Products V470 PCV Valve https://a.co/d/6cSzai9

Daniel Ortiz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi V8
I just replaced mine at 80,000 miles a week ago. The old one looked and sounded completely fine (thank you 4,000 mile oil changes and Houston highway commuting), but I had a new one so I stuck it in. I cleaned the old one with soap and water and keep it as a spare. They seem of pretty sturdy plastic construction.

ctwalton15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can agree, didn't happen to me but someone in the family. a couple years back someone had a chevy equinox that had the pcv valve was bad actually pushed the rear main seal out of the back of the motor driving down the road. They kept running it and kept putting oil in it till they finally took it somewhere and turns out it was bad and found out thats where it was ******* oil was from the back of the motor. Definitely scary cause I definitely do not want to pull my motor or trans for 1 seal.

Which reminds me, haven't checked mine since i've had this truck at least from what I can remember. I should probably do so, thanks for the reminder.