Pedal Commander placement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjyergler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm going to get the Pedal Commander. I'm thinking about where to place it. Where do you guys who already have one put it (the control unit)? I'm thinking about the bank of buttons (mostly blank on my SLT). Has anyone else tried to place it there? The unit measures 2.4" X 1.6" X .4" and I measured the two button blanks on the left side (one single and two double blanks top and bottom) and they just over 1.5" x 2.75". I'm just wondering if there's anything wrong with this, as it seems to be a great place to put it. Any ideas?

Thanks

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've just go mine hanging in the center console for easy access. I haven't mounted it as yet, because I'm not sure I'm keeping it. Been playing with settings for a couple months, but not sure it's worth what I paid for it.

Most pics I've seen show it mounted on the lower right side of the dash, just below the cluster.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put mine in the same spot as in this video (centered little better). I like this area because when driving the steering wheel blocks it so you can’t see it. Make sure you wash the dash area with soap/water to degrease it, then use the alcohol wipe then the tape. Some here have had there’s come loose.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I put mine in the same spot as in this video (centered little better). I like this area because when driving the steering wheel blocks it so you can’t see it. Make sure you wash the dash area with soap/water to degrease it, then use the alcohol wipe then the tape. Some here have had there’s come loose.

I like this area too. Sadly I don't think the 2500 has as much space available in that section of the dash as the 1500's. I have caved & ordered one & it should be here by the weekend. I do not want mine very visible either. Once I get it set to where I like it I don't think I will be messing with it much.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A few other people (myself included) have stuck it to the air duct under the drivers side. If you look under the dash you will see there is a spot on the air duct that you can stick it to. I used better velcro on the duct side, but even that stopped sticking, so I ran a zip tie around the duct and the PC. The zip tie does cover the PC, but it runs in the middle, between the buttons so they are fully usable.

I wanted a clean look and a way to turn it off easily (I don't switch modes, just basically turn it off and on to my favorite setting).

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is where mine is in my 2500 Power Wagon

For anyone interested click the link in my signature and use the promo code for a discount!e379900896095844cbc4715df5860c55.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is where mine is in my 2500 Power Wagone379900896095844cbc4715df5860c55.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine is where JB1s and that video is, definately centered better with just a smidge of cord visible.....easy access to " pump up tha jam"...lol

Jetsfan122

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Express Crew Cab White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve tried mounting it, but it always fell off. Got tired of seeing it dangling. My solution was to wedge it in the space directly below the the steering column and lower plastic panel. Been like that for months, out of sight, and hasn’t moved. One of my favorite mods.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine is where JB1s and that video is, definately centered better with just a smidge of cord visible.....easy access to " pump up tha jam"...lol

Mine is centered too, I really like it in that spot

I’ve tried mounting it, but it always fell off. Got tired of seeing it dangling. My solution was to wedge it in the space directly below the the steering column and lower plastic panel. Been like that for months, out of sight, and hasn’t moved. One of my favorite mods.

I think the trick is to wash the area with dishwasher soap/water (degreaser) first, then clean with the alcohol wipe, then apply the bracket with tape.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine fell off also, used alchol wipe and been there for 4-5 months now

JSVT3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The tape it came with didn't stick to mine well. I washed the area and used some heavy duty command tape stuff I had around and it works great.

OP
OP
jjyergler

jjyergler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for all the responses. I'm going to try and mount mine in that bank of buttons. I'll post pictures if it works. If it doesn't, that spot over the ignition looks good.

Coop427

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
download

I’m like most on here, I put here so it was easy to adjust... the four times I’ve adjusted it.

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
Outdoor industrial velcro. Mine is locked on there! Works great. You can order it online or get it at Lowe’s or Home Depot.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I've just go mine hanging in the center console for easy access. I haven't mounted it as yet, because I'm not sure I'm keeping it. Been playing with settings for a couple months, but not sure it's worth what I paid for it.

Most pics I've seen show it mounted on the lower right side of the dash, just below the cluster.
I’d be happy to take it off your hands, I wouldn’t want you burdened with regretting a mod :-D

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’d be happy to take it off your hands, I wouldn’t want you burdened with regretting a mod :-D

We got deals on those too, just saying lol

use code PC10