Piston upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steermaster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I am currently running about 9 PSI SC and many tell me my rings will go the fastest...sooooo this brings me to my next mission. What is the best rebuild to do to hold the most boost? Just short of pulling the entire engine and stroking it i would like to be simple and rebuilt from the bottom of possible.

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
My build was through Inertia and I ended up with forged Molnar connecting rods and CP-Carillo bullet pistons. Without pulling the engine you'll still be stuck with the 5.7L's cast crankshaft.

Just stroke it, you know you want to.... :burnout:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
If you wanna build for long term boost, that includes crank, rods, and pistons.

Gecko

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004, 2004
Engine
5.7L Hemi, 8.3L V10
I am currently running about 9 PSI SC and many tell me my rings will go the fastest...sooooo this brings me to my next mission. What is the best rebuild to do to hold the most boost? Just short of pulling the entire engine and stroking it i would like to be simple and rebuilt from the bottom of possible.

You're getting greedy :p

You haven't even tuned the SC yet and you want a new motor!

Bahahaaa!

Sorry bud! Had to blow up your spot! :naughty:

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
If you're not going to go much higher in boost I would look at a set of crop-in pistons from Modern Muscle, it's the least expensive way to go and the rods and crank will hold that kind of boost no problem as long as you're using a set of forged pistons and properly gapped rings.