Please help find what carb my truck had???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77 Power Wagon FD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a W300 with 360V8 the carb is missing
it was a 2 barrel
the truck was a Wildland Brush Rig in California
thank you for any help you can provide so I can find proper carb & install it

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a W300 with 360V8 the carb is missing
it was a 2 barrel
the truck was a Wildland Brush Rig in California
thank you for any help you can provide so I can find proper carb & install it
Click on link in post #2.. I just slapped in a California Zip.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wally World is really getting carried away when they want to know if you're a robot,lol
Wild, click on the "Robot Human", contains link to Carb for his truck. I just did not feel like going into and inspecting the link to change the name. Just how a lot of Walmart's pasted links look like.

GOTTA luv Wally World, roflmao. I am gonna play woke BOIRD, I am neither, I id as a Farm Animal, roflmao.

MOST of the V8's in those years had Carters on them, a few may have had Holley's, but most had Carters,. I can only remember one Holley on a Mopar I was goofing with back then, and it was not OEM but replacement. The Carters match up more for the springs, plates, vacuum and such.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Wild, click on the "Robot Human", contains link to Carb for his truck. I just did not feel like going into and inspecting the link to change the name. Just how a lot of Walmart's pasted links look like.

GOTTA luv Wally World, roflmao. I am gonna play woke BOIRD, I am neither, I id as a Farm Animal, roflmao.

MOST of the V8's in those years had Carters on them, a few may have had Holley's, but most had Carters,. I can only remember one Holley on a Mopar I was goofing with back then, and it was not OEM but replacement. The Carters match up more for the springs, plates, vacuum and such.
I did click on the link,and Wally World asking if i was a robot or human was funny,lol. By 77 Chrysler was using GM's Q-Jets on alot of their 4 barrel engines to.I wasn't really a fan of the old 2 barrel Carters,but if that's what he wants,your link is the way to go

Last edited:
OP
OP

77 Power Wagon FD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you for the information
is the one in the link a Carter or Holly?
Also assume it’s a rebuilt one am I correct?

any favorite remanufactures or ones to avoid?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thank you for the information
is the one in the link a Carter or Holly?
Also assume it’s a rebuilt one am I correct?

any favorite remanufactures or ones to avoid?
The one they're showing in the link looks to be the factory Carter,whether that's what you get,who knows though.For that price odds are it's a rebuilt.

metalchewy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 TRX4
Engine
4.7L
Thermoquad from summit or jegs would look stock. I sold my last one off of a 78 440-4bbl engine about 3 years ago. Had collected them for a big block ramcharger that i never built but sold instead.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thermoquad from summit or jegs would look stock. I sold my last one off of a 78 440-4bbl engine about 3 years ago. Had collected them for a big block ramcharger that i never built but sold instead.
Motor Home 440 ?? Sounds like he has a 2 barrel intake,so he'd need to swap intakes for a thermoquad to fit. Or run a 2 barrel to 4 barrel adapter,never a good idea in my opinion,lol

metalchewy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 TRX4
Engine
4.7L
Motor Home 440 ?? Sounds like he has a 2 barrel intake,so he'd need to swap intakes for a thermoquad to fit. Or run a 2 barrel to 4 barrel adapter,never a good idea in my opinion,lol
It was a ramcharger with a blown 400 and a motor home 440

Crap, I missed that detail 2bbl. Not sire how i read 4bbl. An adapter.could work but not well.

Cam and an intake would be needed to do a 4bbl right.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

Crap, I missed that detail 2bbl. Not sire how i read 4bbl. An adapter.could work but not well.

By 78 about the only thing they were still sticking 440's in were motor homes,low compression smog 440's,but they weren't bad to use as a foundation for a mild street build.Brother-n-law had a 76 3/4 ton with a 400 that developed a bad rod knock after my sister ran it out of oil, we dropped a 440 out of a late 70's motor home into the truck with a small cam,aftermarket aluminium intake and a set of headers,and that damn thing would spin the tires to beat hell,lol

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, if the vehicle has a 2 BBL intake, he be better running a 2 BBL then using one of them friggin adapter plates to do a 4 BBL. I have run (1) adapter plate in another life and for me, that friggin thing just did not gel right with the intake and had an air leak. BUT I was a kid back then, maybe installed wrong. But since he has a 2 BBL intake, 2 BBL be the way to go, IMHO... Of course he could go junking and find a 4 BBL manifold or maybe Edelbrock it, but that could get costly in a hurry.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Yeah, U could cheat with an adapter plate, but since he has a 2 BBL intake. lol

metalchewy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 TRX4
Engine
4.7L
By 78 about the only thing they were still sticking 440's in were motor homes,low compression smog 440's,but they weren't bad to use as a foundation for a mild street build.Brother-n-law had a 76 3/4 ton with a 400 that developed a bad rod knock after my sister ran it out of oil, we dropped a 440 out of a late 70's motor home into the truck with a small cam,aftermarket aluminium intake and a set of headers,and that damn thing would spin the tires to beat hell,lol
Had a friend in Colorado with a black and gold 79 440 warlock. Original paint and engine, but he built it the way he wanted it.. He ran a big hughes cam in it for awhile until it wiped a lobe and switched over to a bigger Racer Brown cam. Flat tops, 9.5:1 shaved heads and an M1 intake. That truck was quite the runner.

Funny to hear that story about your sister, have one quite similar. She wanted to go see her boyfriend in the town down the canyon, and took dad's 75 club cab powerwagon, not knowing how to shift.

She took my 10 year old little brother who was going to shift because he could shift the old case tractor out in the fielrls.

Needless to say, he couldn't get ut out of granny. She tried to go the speed limit but couldn't get higher than about 45, until the engine threw a rod outta the oil pan.

It was snowing, she coasted to the bottom of the canyon into town and got a few blocks from her boyfriends and calls me. I pulled that big club cab across town, almost to my house in a little 63 Chevy Ii with a 194 six and a 1 barrel. Parked two neighbors down the little car wouldn't top the hill in the snow..

Dad was a bit upset about it, she got grounded and so did my little brother. Sooo, he did have a early 70s 440 out of a Monaco that dropped in place of the 318 she blew. Just changed out the belhousing and the block and it was running again in a day.

hauled a lot of wood in that truck...

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Had a friend in Colorado with a black and gold 79 440 warlock. Original paint and engine, but he built it the way he wanted it.. He ran a big hughes cam in it for awhile until it wiped a lobe and switched over to a bigger Racer Brown cam. Flat tops, 9.5:1 shaved heads and an M1 intake. That truck was quite the runner.

Funny to hear that story about your sister, have one quite similar. She wanted to go see her boyfriend in the town down the canyon, and took dad's 75 club cab powerwagon, not knowing how to shift.

She took my 10 year old little brother who was going to shift because he could shift the old case tractor out in the fielrls.

Needless to say, he couldn't get ut out of granny. She tried to go the speed limit but couldn't get higher than about 45, until the engine threw a rod outta the oil pan.

It was snowing, she coasted to the bottom of the canyon into town and got a few blocks from her boyfriends and calls me. I pulled that big club cab across town, almost to my house in a little 63 Chevy Ii with a 194 six and a 1 barrel. Parked two neighbors down the little car wouldn't top the hill in the snow..

Dad was a bit upset about it, she got grounded and so did my little brother. Sooo, he did have a early 70s 440 out of a Monaco that dropped in place of the 318 she blew. Just changed out the belhousing and the block and it was running again in a day.

hauled a lot of wood in that truck...
That would of been a rare truck,according to these guys the last of the 440 powered trucks was 78,but Chryco's record keeping leaves alot to be desired,as they built vehicles that weren't really verifiable,but they do occassionally pop up.
Would of been a fun toy with a healthy 440 in it.
I'm not so sure how rare the Warlocks were,as i remember quite a few of the trucks back in the 70's,so i'm not sure i believe these guys claims of how rare the trucks were in their day.

Last edited:

metalchewy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 TRX4
Engine
4.7L
That would of been a rare truck,according to these guys the last of the 440 powered trucks was 78,but Chryco's record keeping leaves alot to be desired,as they built vehicles that weren't really verifiable,but they do occassionally pop up.
Would of been a fun toy with a healthy 440 in it.
I'm not so sure how rare the Warlocks were,as i remember quite a few of the trucks back in the 70's,so i'm not sure i believe these guys claims of how rare the trucks were in their day.

I could one year off on the year. on the year.but 79 is what stuck in my mind. He also had a 65 2door post dart, a cream colored step sister to my convertible.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I could one year off on the year. on the year.but 79 is what stuck in my mind. He also had a 65 2door post dart, a cream colored step sister to my convertible.
Wonder if he'd still have a copy of the the Vin number off the truck.
Chryco's record keeping wasn't great,so i wouldn't be surprised if they did build a 79 with a 440,as they were still building vehicles to customer orders in the late 70's. The customer still had some say in those days not like now. Sure miss the days where you could order what you wanted,and get it in a timely manner