Possible Diesel Option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
smiley

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I like that 2nd gen...low miles to for the year! Take her for a spin!

ArmRippinToys

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 1989
Engine
5.9L is not known for having turbo issues though like the 6.7L did at first am I right? I am not worried about miles on the red one as it has not gooseneck and has newer injectors. I am going to go drive it tomorrow and see if I want it. I am not in a rush just looking to cut back. I really like the '95 because it is 12V old school great mileage.

Personally I would go with the '95 because if you sell yours for $30,000 and put a couple bucks away then you have no payments and it has way less miles than the others, the old 12 valves are bad ass just because they are easy to work on and sound bad ass with a straight through turbo back exhaust system plus for a coule hundred bucks you can do a few upgrades that gives a decent jump in power

RYAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
the 2nd gen looks like a good deal, the 03 is over priced for my region, could be different where you are.

and as stated earlier that 2nd gen has very low miles on it for that year.

OP
OP
smiley

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Personally I would go with the '95 because if you sell yours for $30,000 and put a couple bucks away then you have no payments and it has way less miles than the others, the old 12 valves are bad ass just because they are easy to work on and sound bad ass with a straight through turbo back exhaust system plus for a coule hundred bucks you can do a few upgrades that gives a decent jump in power

This is exactly my thoughts they are selling the same year color and miles of mine for 30500 at local dealer and as I know upgrades and things dont matter I have good tires that the other truck does not. I actually love the idea of no payments or only a couple thousand during these times. With my wife not working I am getting sick of paying about $1000 in payments on our two vehicles and insurance. I don't want her to work so this is my solution. Thanks to Dave I know you can never be too attached and have to be willing to sell your dream ride for life. If I can get 31k I walk away with 6k to buy what I want. I really want that 95 knowing that the transmission has just been redone and could get me a few years before I build it stronger.