Possible motor change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimmyCriswell

Reaction score
Ram Year
1995 Dodge Ram
Engine
Magnum V6
I posted earlier in the week about my grandfather giving me his truck. I am going to have the block magnufluxed to tell for sure but believe it is cracked.

My question is that I am considering switching to a magnum 5.2 engine and transmission. I don't see any aftermarket support for the magnum v6 and there seems to be much more for the 5.2 and 5.9. What is the best place to look for a motor and tranny (junkyard)? What should I expect to pay?

Are the motor mounts the same. I am looking for as easy as possible but am very mechanically inclined and have a welder and all the shop tools I might need for a swap.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jimmy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 srt10 ram, 2003 4.7 4x4 quad cab ram
Engine
Viper 8.3 supercharged, stock 4.7
Junk yard is fine. Just get them checked out. The heads are known to crack between valves. It should fit real good. They were the same motor with the first two cylinders choped off

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Anywhere you can find one I guess. Make sure it has a comp test done on it and check the oil psi using an mech oil psi gauge.

Motor mounts are the same V6-V8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357