Blower Motor Mystery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iplax13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V 6
I have a 2017 slt v6.
I have replaced the blower motor 2 times in the pat 2 years. It seems to start off fine, then slowly work inconsistently and then completely stop working. Looking or any potential solutions as it was -3 degrees today and I really missed my heat!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a 2017 slt v6.
I have replaced the blower motor 2 times in the pat 2 years. It seems to start off fine, then slowly work inconsistently and then completely stop working. Looking or any potential solutions as it was -3 degrees today and I really missed my heat!
Is the cabin air filter present and if so has it been changed/cleaned consistently?

OP
OP
I

iplax13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V 6
Thanks for the response. Filter wasn’t bad but replaced it. Replaced the fuse as well and put in another new blower motor. Still no luck.

1999 White C5 Coupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the response. Filter wasn’t bad but replaced it. Replaced the fuse as well and put in another new blower motor. Still no luck.

I’m curious - did you use an OEM Ram blower motor assembly each time?

OP
OP
I

iplax13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V 6
I’m curious - did you use an OEM Ram blower motor assembly each time?
First one was oem from the dealership. The following 2 have been 4seasons from my mechanic. The dealer didn’t want to replace it for free after failure in 7 months so I politely told them to kick rocks.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
First one was oem from the dealership. The following 2 have been 4seasons from my mechanic. The dealer didn’t want to replace it for free after failure in 7 months so I politely told them to kick rocks.
I'd look at your service sheet, most Chrysler dealers have a two year warranty on OEM parts installed.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
How hard was it to change blower motor ?

Thanks

OP
OP
I

iplax13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V 6
Lots of work still no progress. Blower motor is good. I have no power at the fuse location. What would the next step be? I’ve swapped over the fuse with others to ensure that the fuse wasn’t the issue.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Lots of work still no progress. Blower motor is good. I have no power at the fuse location. What would the next step be? I’ve swapped over the fuse with others to ensure that the fuse wasn’t the issue.
A fan resistor problem maybe?

OP
OP
I

iplax13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V 6
Update. May have solved but time will tell. Replaced the relay and that seems to work for the time being. Will report back with updates.