Powdercoating rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BlackedOutHemi

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Well, getting slammed with huge storms. Golf ball sized hail. Hope they put it inside! Would suck to get it back with hail damage. Put your trucks away Texas members!

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did satin black. Gloss powdercoat is a ***** to keep up, I had both bumpers done and everything scratches them. I didnt know they could do PXR though? Also, with the silver in the fogs/heads and reverse lights I think leaving the lugs chrome will look good.

BTW, besides height your truck looks vaguely familiar
d7020aab.jpg

OP
OP
BlackedOutHemi

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
I did satin black. Gloss powdercoat is a ***** to keep up, I had both bumpers done and everything scratches them. I didnt know they could do PXR though? Also, with the silver in the fogs/heads and reverse lights I think leaving the lugs chrome will look good.

BTW, besides height your truck looks vaguely familiar

Dang. Haha. I'd say it does for sure.

Yeah, if I do do anything with the lugs it'll be covers. Easily removed if I think one way looks better than the other.

Went with matte black, and probably going to get matte black stripes down my truck too. That way it still has the blacked out look, but with a little contrast. Like the cop who has a black Tahoe with flat black lettering here. Looks awesome.

Last edited:

RAtmosphere

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 3500 Dually
Engine
5.9 Cummins - 12,800 original miles
I powdercoated mine a metallic silver.....then got chrome lug covers and centers....24.5" Alcoas with a custom cut design in them...you cant go wrong with powdercoating...great looks and a really durable finish.