Power sliding window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
I bought my 2016 used. Apparently, The person who bought it before me lost control of something in the bed and damaged the back of the bed and the window. He replaced the back glass with plain glass. Well, I want my power slider. I am looking online and it appears that the motor is separate from the window.

How can I tell if the motor is still in place? And where would be the cheapest place to order this from?
Thanks!

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm guessing that a "junkyard" is the best place to find what you need. I'd also assume the motor assembly is still in place. You'd probably have to disassemble the back bits to actually see what is left there and if it works.

Another reason to carry glass coverage! I had a similar issue with my Dakota years ago. Insurance and Safelite saved the day! I can't imaging the cost of a RAM slider if it's out of pocket!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I'm guessing that a "junkyard" is the best place to find what you need. I'd also assume the motor assembly is still in place. You'd probably have to disassemble the back bits to actually see what is left there and if it works.

Another reason to carry glass coverage! I had a similar issue with my Dakota years ago. Insurance and Safelite saved the day! I can't imaging the cost of a RAM slider if it's out of pocket!

My neighbour just had to replace her power slider back window,when her young guy batted a rock through it. She went through a local glass shop,and it was cheaper then I thought it'd be. It cost her $650.00 Canuck for a new back power slider window installed. I was under the assumption they were more then that,so was surprised at the price.