problem with new tc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaredj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My pops and I installed my new 3000 stall tc yesterday. Everything went very smooth with the install. I started it up and let the motor warm up before I checked the tranny fluid level. Looked good. Drove it around very cautiously making sure to get the tranny into every gear and it seemed as if everything was going very well. After having a little fun, I brought the truck home and while the truck was at idol it was rough. It isn't rough at all when under any rpm, but at idol rpm it has a vibration in which my truck has never had.

My father thinks the tc could possibly be out of balance. He says it isn't safe to drive until I can speak directly with edge. We are going to put the truck back up on the lift and try to take out the bolts and rotate the tc 90 and install the bolts again.

Can anyone help me with this?? Anyone ever had this problem before??

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Edge has been making converters for a while so I would think they know what they're doing.

Fluid level is good after the test drive? Could just be a new feeling of the engine turning a looser converter you're not accustomed to.

Jerseymike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmmm. That sucks. Check the fluid again. If you didnt prefill the converter with 4 qts of fluid it takes a while(day) to refill from the trans. I also had a problem where one of the bolt heads was hitting the housing but it didnt cause a rough idle.

In gear or in neutral??

Last edited:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm thinking about getting an Edge so I'm pretty interested in the solution to your problem. Why did you go with the 3000 instead of the 2600-2800? Has anyone else had problems with the Edge TC in a 13???? I think that Ram changed TC styles in 2012, but I'm not sure of this. Maybe Matt can chime in on this------
Jay

ericlee9386

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Did you unplug your front O2's when you removed the trans. Could have got them mixed or not fill the converter?

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Quad Cab 2500 *Sold*
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Andre at edge is am awesome guy! Best customer service i have ever seen. He will work with you and help you trouble shoot until you are back up and running.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bump----looking for the solution for this problem?????????
Jay

OP
OP
J

jaredj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got the truck on the lift. Turned the flex plate 90 degrees and reinstalled the torque converter. The vibration definitely decreased but is still present. It is only present with the truck in park and at idle. Under any rpm or in gear there was no vibration. I honestly am starting to think my pops and I were just being paranoid because of all the work we did ourselves. I will be getting in contact with Andre at edge next week and confirm that there is no real problem.

Thank you for all the replies. This mod kicks ass and I already dropped my quarter mile time into the 13's.