problems with Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluesfan68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hey everyone, i had a 5 channel alpine amp with a AC LC6i , Focal 10'' sub installed at the local Audio shop. Was working fine then it all went to crap. All of a sudden the sub barely plays and the front door speakers and dash speakers sound as if they are barely working. they bypassed the amp. although its still hooked up ( dont know if that makes a diff. ) also the balance is reversed. if you go to the left side the right side plays and visa versa. im pretty pissed off but i also dont want to go in there and blast them . So, what is the correct way this should be wired ? The door speakers and dash speakers have all been replaced from the factory junk as well. looks like they tapped into the wires for the speakers at the amp. but i would like to maybe have an idea how to do this myself. Since i bought all the parts myself, with there advice but only payed them for labor. HELP PLEASE!!!!! Thanks

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There sounds like there could be more to the story?? Did you mess with the wiring at all? Try to change some things around?

When you left the shop, was everything, including the balance working? You have alot going on here, finding the issue and guiding you is going to take some back and fourth.

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know much about stereo systems so I can't help. But if you paid someone to install the stuff, I would take it back there. Why waste your time trying to figure out how they wired everything up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
first off like he said if you brought it to a shop to have installed take it to them they better warranty it.

second, do you have the factory alpine system? if so they can not bypass it. you must get the signal between the factory amp and the speakers. if you dont have the factory alpine there is no amp to bypass and you can get the signal at the head unit.

third did you do anything to the original install? i see the OP is "liking" all the comments but hasent responded.

OP
OP
bluesfan68

bluesfan68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry I haven't gotten back sooner. Weather here in St. Louis has been bad and I've been helping some people out. Thanks for the replies and yes it's going back to the shop to have them deal with it. I don't know enough about what they exactly did to get into it on my own. All I know is that it's definitely not right. I'll keep you updated.

OP
OP
bluesfan68

bluesfan68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay, update time. Looks like they have it figured out. But I don't know why the back doors are mid bass and the fronts along with the dash are highs. Yes I have the Alpine system with amp and the front doors used to be mids and are now full range. It does sound better and the Sub actually thumps now. But I just don't understand why the rears and fronts are not full range. Weird. Anyone with some ideas? :Stupid Me: Just to answer you guys questions. I haven't touched anything as far as after install of the amp, sub and LOC. But searching in the forums has led me all over the place. Most are doing complete rebuilds with after market HU. or just subs. Crazy that I cant find anything regarding having full range in both sets of doors. Thanks for any input guys.

Bkhsvt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You are subject to the factory eq curves that are outputting from the alpine amp. So with out proper summing of channels to get a full range output then it may still be bandwidth limited. that's something that would have to be looked at and tuned in person to see what is going on there, at the end of the day tuning is for the person listing to it..So if something sounds off to you then have them try and change it to your liking. There will be a few hurdles to get over with the factory amp, but it is what it is with this system

OP
OP
bluesfan68

bluesfan68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Another update. All is well !!! In fact I am blown away by the not only the sound but damn , I can only put it up on 23 and not have my teeth rattle, lol. And its still needs to break in. After some tinkering they figured it all out . Let me tell you about the Just the sub. A Focal R-250S in an Atrend B-Box 10'' . First off the box is solid and fits like a glove . 2nd , The sub just floors me with the deep lows it puts out. 10 out of 10 in my book . The amp is a Alpine PDR-V75 . Perfect size to fit under the front seat . Frt Door speakers are DD Audio VO-M6x9 , WOW , enuff said there. Rears are DD-CXS 6x9 and fill in nicely for the rears. The Dash speakers are JBL-GX302's and they make it all come alive in the front . Very happy with the setup now. Thanks for the help guys !!!