Problems with USB and Android phone calls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tony McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently started having issues with my usb connection and making and receiving phone calls. If my Samsung phone is plugged into the USB port, I cannot answer a phone or hang up a phone call while the phone is plugged in. I have to unplug the phone, and then answer or hang up. I am able to make a call from the steering wheel button but I cannot answer or hang up. I have taken my 2019 Ram 1500 to the dealership, but they said there was no repair for it. Has anyone else had this issue? I have changed out cords and also tried another Samsung phone without any luck.

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Traveled to Houston this week in mine and after 5 to 10 minutes would just drop calls randomly. I am on a Pixel XL 3.

DAVECS1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Same here with Samsung Galaxy 9. I finally gave in to using Android Auto because U-connect is never going to be fixed, and now Android Auto is giving me grief. My 2015 RAM entertainment system was way more sorted out that this conglomeration of software atrocities. If I could gut the center consol I would do it in a heart beat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357