Pushrod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gb03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi. I'm working on a 1987 D250 360

I went to change my rocker arms thinking that was my ticking noise but it was a bad lifter and pushrod. I ordered new pushrods and they have a ball on the end? They are not drilled like my original but everyone online says they will work. I can't imagine they will... what are you thoughts? Is the oil fed around the ball from the tube? I've not had to change the rods until now.

Thank you!

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do the OEM's have a drill hole in them, fairly certain oil gets pumped through the lifters to the push rod tubes to lubricate the valve train.

OP
OP
G

gb03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi. I returned the pushrods and will try and find a like for like item. You just told me I made the best decision. Thanks for the reply!! Hard to make these decisions when I'm learning as i go and I have the stores saying "oh ya they will work" but I felt they were wrong too

u2slow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6BTA
I believe theres an oiling difference between the LA and magnum engines. Dont know if the lengths are the same.