PW Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

levimorris85

Reaction score
Ram Year
looking
Engine
looking
Looking into a new(er) truck hopefully this year and I am looking into the power wagons. But I have a question for ya'll that have one. From what I am finding online they are a 3/4 ton which is what I want but I have the need to haul a gooseneck from time to time. Simple thoughts are its a 3/4 ton so it should do it fine but looking at all the treads I cant find anyone who has mentioned it. So my question is, any reason why a pw wont pull a gooseneck trailer or a smaller 5th wheel?

Thanks for the help.

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Nope, just make sure you're within the tow limits. The Power Wagons are rated a little over 10k lbs. I happen to have one for sale in the classifieds if you're looking for a fully built Power Wagon on 35s. Already has airbags too so you won't have any squatting. ;)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Coming stock with 4.56's the PW is probably better equipped to tow your 5th wheel than a standard 2500. My Chiefs parents pull their 32' 5th wheel with their PW and have no complaints.

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I've towed box trailers, travel trailers and flatbed trailers. All off the tongue.

There is no reason that a Power Wagon wouldn't do great with a 5th wheel or Gooseneck set up.

Matter of fact, it would probably do better than most gasser 2500's because the PW comes with 4.56 gears.

Just adjust for the little bit of extra ride height and you should be golden.

They tow great, with the Tow/Haul mode and integrated factory brake controller, and all the redundant (analog & digital) instrumentation that allows you to bring up the vital engine temps in one nice screen, or you can customize it to your liking as well. Nice to have a number on Trans / Oil temps and things like that, rather than just a vague needle dial.

And these ride so much nicer than even just a regular Crew 2500 when it is empty.

Go for it! :waytogo:

OP
OP
L

levimorris85

Reaction score
Ram Year
looking
Engine
looking
Thanks for your help guys. That info is what I figured but wanted to ask. Hopefully I will be able to report back this year to show you the new to me truck. Myoung84 I will look at the classified, thanks for the heads up.

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Sounds good! Also note that any mods that you don't want can come off and I'll lower the price. I've got all of the stock parts except for the wheels and tires, so they would have to stay.