Quality Replacement Headlights for 19' with Quads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I installed new LED bulbs in the high and lows last year, and because of the cooling fans on them I had to get 90mm dust caps and mcgyver the heck out of them to seal as best as possible (alcohol and crazy glue were used.... and not in that order...lol). I do have CanBus decoders for the highs and lows, and resistors for the turn signals too (went amber LED for those as well).

Needless to say, I've had issues with moisture in the headlights, and particularly the passenger side where it's like a fn rain forest in there now, and there's no damn way of fully recovering them and cleaning them internally again (unless I unseal them, pull em' apart, etc..... and I'm really not interested in that bs at this point..lol).

I'd like a quality set of headlights with LED's, that come with good customer service & support, and hopefully don't cost an arm and a leg...lol. But I get quality costs, so...yeah!

I'm looking at the AlphaRex G2 Pro Series, but don't want halogen bulbs. I'd like LED's only, but I don't want to go through this mess again of LED bulbs not fitting properly into the housings so they can't seal properly to keep the elements out with the OEM dust/seal covers.

Recommendations on this brand, or others that can accept LED's without compromising quality/integrity.

Will I also need new CanBus decoders for the highs and lows, and resistors for the turn signals too, or do the aftermarket headlights all come with that tech installed and ready for plug & play installation?

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• 20220512_094134.jpg
    20220512_094134.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 9

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I'm looking at the AlphaRex G2 Pro Series, but don't want halogen bulbs. I'd like LED's only, but I don't want to go through this mess again of LED bulbs not fitting properly into the housings so they can't seal properly to keep the elements out with the OEM dust/seal covers.
The Luxx and Nova series of lights from Alpharex are built with LED lights and the same styles as the Pro series are available.

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
How about morimoto? I really loved mine

nightstar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I recently picked up Alpharex Luxx for my dad's 1500. My dad's truck had condensation built up due to recent storms and the deal was too good to pass on. I will upload pictures once I have it installed!

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Pro g2, but I installed 55w/5000k HID in the lows and led in the highs.

I’ve seen good reviews on the luxx series, but the idea of having led chips that can’t be replaced scares me.

CED92F76-F89A-43A5-8E15-4D3AEC497F67.jpegB41D1E0C-C372-4B37-990C-9D75A210E9D5.jpegBF7BF8FB-159E-4CAC-8506-5A0195372940.jpeg

OP
OP
C

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
LEDs fit, no issues. I used Fahren from Amazon.

I had to cut a 1” hole in the dust cover for the HID wiring, but the wiring includes a rubber grommet. Should be fine.

OP
OP
C

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Thanks Crew for all your input on this.
I agree that going with a headlight that I can't replace bulbs in is a big risk. But, the LUXXXXX are some dang nice headlight assemblies!
I am going to look at the Pro G2 right now with upgraded bulbs that don't mess up the installation and introduce potential failures into the mix.
If I can't find a suitable happy medium, I'll opt for the Luxxxx series.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Crew for all your input on this.
I agree that going with a headlight that I can't replace bulbs in is a big risk. But, the LUXXXXX are some dang nice headlight assemblies!
I am going to look at the Pro G2 right now with upgraded bulbs that don't mess up the installation and introduce potential failures into the mix.
If I can't find a suitable happy medium, I'll opt for the Luxxxx series.
The Pro with upgraded bulbs is still inferior light output compared to the Luxx series.

Jpage978

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tried those same alpharex headlights in my 2019 didn't want to work for me, blinker drl would stop working as soon as I tried to take a turn, had to settle for replica projectors, they working no issues, no clue why

670hoth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just took these out of my truck because IMO the lighting is far superior to quads and I consider them unsafe. They are the ones that come with halogen bulbs. I tried updating them with Cougar Motor Evolution+ LEDs and still was not happy. I spend a lot of time 'clocking' the LEDs in many different positions and while it did make a difference it wasn't enough. I also called Alpharex and they said that I just may not be happy with them with 2-sided LEDs in these housings. I then went and bought Sylvania Silver Star Ultra bulbs for them and was still not happy. I put my quads with LEDs in the low beams back in. I still would like to find some lights that look better than the quads and have DRLs built in but don't want to spend over $500 or $600. Would some of the aftermarket units that look like the factory projectors work well? Do the factory projectors light at least as good as quads? Thanks

1681446137966.png

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just took these out of my truck because IMO the lighting is far superior to quads and I consider them unsafe. They are the ones that come with halogen bulbs. I tried updating them with Cougar Motor Evolution+ LEDs and still was not happy. I spend a lot of time 'clocking' the LEDs in many different positions and while it did make a difference it wasn't enough. I also called Alpharex and they said that I just may not be happy with them with 2-sided LEDs in these housings. I then went and bought Sylvania Silver Star Ultra bulbs for them and was still not happy. I put my quads with LEDs in the low beams back in. I still would like to find some lights that look better than the quads and have DRLs built in but don't want to spend over $500 or $600. Would some of the aftermarket units that look like the factory projectors work well? Do the factory projectors light at least as good as quads? Thanks

View attachment 518735
I'm running these, and at the time I bought them, they were a good bit cheaper, like 550ish. No issues with them, they have the alpharex fitment, that works but isn't great.
AlphaRex USA 880520 Projector Headlamps Fits Ram 2500 https://a.co/d/dL5NjgL

Jim BB

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
This is what i made to keep all my OBD stuff safe and together!
image_50390017 (1).JPGimage_67145985.JPGimage_50396161.JPGimage_50374913.JPGimage_50413057.JPG