Question about BDS 2in rear spacer vs. 3in coil option?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2017RamGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Quick question for the guys that have installed the BDS 4inch lift?... There is an option to use the 2in spacer or upgrade to the 3in rear coil. I measured my stock rake and it looks like its right at about 3 inches. If I want to keep a little rake after the installation should I go with the 2in spacer option? Thanks!

wisey113

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe if you opt for the 3" coil over the 2" spacer, you will gain 1" of rake (unless the coil settles). The 2" spacer will get you nearer to level than the 3" coil.

The more height you add in the back the more rake you're going to get back.

OP
OP
2017RamGuy

2017RamGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gotcha, makes sense. I don't want to chance it looking nose high if I tow something so I may go with the coils. Thanks!

Navy Six Zero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
what he said...lol and yes the BDS instructions are a little "fuzzy" on this part of the install-I have 6" figured out the rake and went from there with my initial measurements, truck ended up perfectly level. (pic is on my drive which slopes down a bit-so front end looks high in the photo)

1500 HDX 1.jpg