Question about TPMS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Bad Chad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello everyone this is my first post but I come and read all the time I love the site. Anyway my question is -I'm buying a set of black 17" steel rims off a 2016 Ram 1500 for winter tires,they come with TPMS sensors and I was wondering if they will work on my 2018 Ram 1500 Sport and if so what do i have to do to get them working on my truck? If they need to be programmed by dealer will i have to do this every time i swap rims out? $300 canadian for the rims tpms and center caps i figured that was a decent price?
Thanks in advance for any help and I hope i put this in the right place.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
2014 to 2018 is same frequency ... You’re good ... Nope, when you change wheels and tires, the truck will read what’ s on there ... Give it a few miles to change over ... It’s not instant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Hello everyone this is my first post but I come and read all the time I love the site. Anyway my question is -I'm buying a set of black 17" steel rims off a 2016 Ram 1500 for winter tires,they come with TPMS sensors and I was wondering if they will work on my 2018 Ram 1500 Sport and if so what do i have to do to get them working on my truck? If they need to be programmed by dealer will i have to do this every time i swap rims out? $300 canadian for the rims tpms and center caps i figured that was a decent price?
Thanks in advance for any help and I hope i put this in the right place.

They will work on your truck. Your truck should learn the new sensors within a few miles. If they don't you may have to take your truck in and have them programmed in. If you have to take it in you may end up having to do it each time you swap. There is a work around tho, there is a program that can be downloaded on a android device and used with obdlink mx adapter and with the 18's need a security bypass cable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro