TPMS Sensor Training

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram_John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi All, Is there a procedure on training TPMS sensor, I bought a set of take offs for my 19 ram 5th gen and want to know what to do before I put them on. Thanks in advance

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
No training. If they are the right sensor amd frequency they will read shortly after installing the rims.

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hi All, Is there a procedure on training TPMS sensor, I bought a set of take offs for my 19 ram 5th gen and want to know what to do before I put them on. Thanks in advance
Put them on and get them turning. They only transmit status when under centrifugal force. If they are compatible they will register during a short drive.

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Put them on and get them turning. They only transmit status when under centrifugal force. If they are compatible they will register during a short drive.
Ummm, mine will change while sitting still if I’m adjusting the pressure, up or down, and the ignition is on. But, would say that taking a drive after adjustments seems to get more accurate readings.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Keith you are right. They read sitting still. Mine has a fill function. I set the pressure I want, put the air hose on and it honks at me when I hit that pressure. Accurate within 1 lb measured by a quality tire pressure guage. For many years, since at least 2006, TPMS transmitts all the time. It doesnt know whether ignition is off or on or whether you are moving. If you had to be moving the TPMS reader tools evey tire shop uses wouldn’t work.