Question on speaker depth for 2013 crew cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 black Crew Cab Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I want to put new speakers in front and back doors. What is the max depth for the speakers? Plus what do Ram owners prefer 6 x 9, or components? Thanks in advance. (hate my stock speakers)

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
you are looking at a max of like 2 7/8in. but spacers can help with that. I perfer components but thats just how i like that I can set the tweeter where I want. One of the biggest things for sound that you can do is stick some sound deadener in the doors for sure. It will help bring the best out of whatever you decide to go with.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
E86 thanks, what brand components are you using in your ride and are you using a amp? I put sound deadener (peal and seal) in my old dodge Dakota and you could not hear any road noise, the only sound you heard was the whine of the engine. I am going to use it again.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I actually have Soundqubed pro audio 6.5s and their super tweeters in the dash. I am running them actively with a Skar 85.4 and for cheap cheap speakers they absolutely get loud and clear. The one thing that I wish they would do better is the midbass response isn't great, but that is something to deal with when its pro audio speakers.

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hi this sort of an older thread, but I thought I'd check in with you and see what you've been up to with the install. We basically have the same truck. Spacers for the 6X9's are almost required for a lot of aftermarket 6x9's. Mopar I have learn sells some really good kicker 6x9's. I have some alpine type r's and are very please, but although they will fit it not a perfect fit and some what difficult to get them in.

I'm almost certain that you can put 3/4 spacers in without any interference from the door panels. I'm going to some day rewire my speakers because I just tapped the factory wires and I'm also going to go ahead and get some spacers as well as some baffles.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To PX8

I installed the Pioneer TS-D6902R 6x9 speakers in the back doors I got from Sonic Electronic (very glad I got them).
I had to cut a little plastic probably took 5 minutes each no spacers needed for the back doors, I did not use baffles, try to fit in front door no way they would fit. These speakers have a lot of bass and sound real clear and do not distort when I crank the 3.0 HU up.

Plus I got the Pioneer TS-D1720C 6.5 components and speaker adapters for the fronts. I did not install yet, but I heard them in someone's jeep, had a nice sound. Both sets of speakers are well built. I will install the fronts in about a week, can't wait to do it when I do I will let you know. If you check the reviews on both of them a lot people gave them high marks which is one of the reasons I got them. Between both pairs with extended warranty it cost about 200 and change, but I spent more money on wine, women and song in a month LOL .
I am running the HU 3.0 and at times the back speakers get loud. I am planning on buying a Pioneer GM-A6604 60 watts X 4 amp. Here are the links. Believe me they are good speakers. Good luck in what ever speakers you get. Again I do like these a lot. I listen to all kinds of music.

Pioneer TS-D6902R 6" x 9" D-Series Coaxial Car Speakers
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12224_Pioneer-TS-D1720C.html
Metra 82-6901 (met-826901) 5-1/4" or 6-1/2" Speaker to 6" x 9"

In the future
Pioneer GM-A6604 GM Series 360W 4-Channel Car Amplifier

Bob

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've got Alpine SPR-69's in the front doors of my 13 and they fit perfectly. The rear doors on the crew cabs provide more depth so I have Kicker DS-69's (full size 6x9) in them. Got everything from Sonic Electronix and it sounds great!