Quick intro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Core Attitude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Sorry, I've only been lurking here a little while, but I can't find where the intros go on this forum, I'm sure a mod will move this if it is in the wrong area.

I am the proud new owner of a 2005 1500 SLT 4X4 QCSB Off-Road. This is a very special truck for me as it belonged to a very dear friend who was killed in October. He was always very meticulous with his vehicle care and maintenance, and I had purchased another vehicle from him before for that exact reason. I had always told him that when I decided to sell my current truck, I would be buying his. When his wife and sons decided to sell this truck after his death, they said that he wouldn't want anyone else to have it other then me, and I bought it right away.

Other then the 285/70r17 BFG A/T KOs, the truck is completely stock, but it has a few nice factory options such as the Trailer Tow and Off Road package, and 34 gallon fuel tank. Plans are to keep it fairly mild as it will be my daily driver until next Aug / Sept, at which time the plan is to retire it to weekend and tow duties. So far I have ordered a MBRP Stainless Single Side Cat Back, S&B CAI, and Superchips 3950 Cortex. I cranked the torsions a bit and had it aligned, but am having some issues confirming with my local shops (4 Wheel Parts & Off Road Warehouse) the correct length for the replacements, so that will be held up for a few days. A few things like tinting the front windows, some bed rail caps and upgrading the tranny cooler, and I think I will be set for a bit.

So now it's time to post a few threads in the other forums to confirm I am on the right track with my mods.

Ram.jpg

OP
OP
C

Core Attitude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

Welcome and nice truck!

3rd gen Off Road Rams are rare!

Thank you all, I hope once I get up to speed, I will be able to make some useful contributions to the forum. This is my first Ram so I have a bit of learning to do, but I plan on holding on to this one for a long while so I should become fairly well versed once I get all my reading in.

dodge dude94, can you shed some more light on that? I have been trying to find unit production info, etc online, but everything seems very vague and off the cuff. I suspect it is because the year of production is so recent, it isn't compiled like some of the older vehicles I have owned.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Thank you all, I hope once I get up to speed, I will be able to make some useful contributions to the forum. This is my first Ram so I have a bit of learning to do, but I plan on holding on to this one for a long while so I should become fairly well versed once I get all my reading in.

dodge dude94, can you shed some more light on that? I have been trying to find unit production info, etc online, but everything seems very vague and off the cuff. I suspect it is because the year of production is so recent, it isn't compiled like some of the older vehicles I have owned.
You're going to find that there isn't going to be much info available for ANY Dodge truck produced. They're just not that popular compared to the Chevys and Fords out there.

If anyone can find it for me, please forward it. lol

What I do know is that the Off Roads were produced (not always in the Dodge brochures either) from 2003 until 2005. Then in 07 I think it was the TRX4 Rams came out, and were similarly equipped.

OP
OP
C

Core Attitude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You're going to find that there isn't going to be much info available for ANY Dodge truck produced. They're just not that popular compared to the Chevys and Fords out there.

If anyone can find it for me, please forward it. lol

What I do know is that the Off Roads were produced (not always in the Dodge brochures either) from 2003 until 2005. Then in 07 I think it was the TRX4 Rams came out, and were similarly equipped.

Thank you, that at least gives me a starting point for a little research. I always like to know a little bit about what I have, and it usually takes a bit more digging when it is something I'm not familiar with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMIMS37