RA1 to RA2 Upgrade Issues!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgkreal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
PT 4.7
Hey guys! So I picked up a RA2 radio for the whopping price of 60$ CAD, I have installed the radio properly and double checked the connections are good, But about every two minutes the radio shuts off and reboots, I had changed the settings on the radio but when it reboots it goes back to the previous settings. Does anyone know a fix for this? My ram is a 13 and the RA2 came out of a 14. I talked to one of my local dealers and this woman in the service department was certain that there was no possible fix to my problem "and I should have left it alone" I believe it needs the sales code flashed and the truck is not recognizing that there is a RA2 instead of the RA1, anything else I should do? Unconnect battery, stand on my hands and rub my stomach, etc.? Thanks in advance and hope I can get this resolved!

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No idea... and I hope you get it fixed, but let's try to not bump 4 threads for the same exact thing.