RA3 or RA4????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Other than the HD on the RA4,

What are the differences between an RA3 w/NAV and an RA4?

Trying to decide if the RA4 is worth the extra money. My wife's Jeep has the RA4 and I do use the NAV quite a bit, but don't really see any other differences.

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I believe the RA3 does not include navigation, the RA4 does include navigation. I believe you can purchase the navigation option on the RA3 but I have no idea of the cost.

If I am wrong please chime in!

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
RA4 also includes ability to subscribe to Sirius Travel and Traffic - which I am not sure you can get with the RA3 - maybe someone with an RA3 can chime in?

At first I didn't really care about Travel/Traffic sub (it's an extra cost over standard Sat Radio), but after having it for a few months I really like it. Traffic, obviously is great if you use Nav, and you can also pull up things like fuel prices at stations near you, weather including radar maps, etc for all of US, movie times, sports info, traffic cams, etc.

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
I had a non nav, non uconnect, no xm 8.4 in my 13 Ram, was Hawaii truck so was special radio with not even a plug for xm, uconnect, but was nav upgradable. Now I have a 2015 8.4an, only thing I gained was Nav and HD radio and option to get XM which I don't use. The apps like weather, movies, gas prices, traffic is ok, but found with traffic I went around the reported jam and noticed nothing was going on many times. Sound quality wise, both were the same. The one with nav has better graphics for maps, but I never upgraded to nav on my old radio. Was going to reinstall my old 13 8.4 and upgrade to latest update, to see if any changes, but think will just sell it as is.