Radio/accessory staying on after locking.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MSandRebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So searching and reading the forums i realize this is somewhat a common issue with several causes, most notable wire shorting due to water ingress or is it?!
I’ve checked all the hot spots stated and never found anything.

Most cases, it would seem, most of us just simply disconnect the battery for a quick reset and it’s all good again.

After the 4th time within 6 months with my truck I finally pieced together the sequence of events that leads to my radio or accessory position staying on and draining my battery if i don’t notice.

If i park the truck then hit the start/stop button and pull the drivers door handle at the exact same time the radio or accessory position will not power down till i disconnect the battery. I’ve now caught myself doing this twice after rationalizing what was happening. (tonight again too) Seems to me this is a BCM logic issue - a certain set of inputs/outputs happens at the same time, then the shutdown sequence gets corrupt and the only way to clear it out is a battery reset.

Anybody got any thoughts? perhaps call bs.

Some truck info - 2017 Rebel, has all the rebel top tier options except rear defrost and cd player. Swapped in a 4C-Nav/carplay radio + hub + adaptor harness early April 2020, first noticed this problem mid june 2020. No other electrical mods or other screwing around the first few times it happened.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca