Radio Changes Stations and skips songs on USB?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RocketFoot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2013 8.4 radio has been pretty solid for the last 7 years but yesterday it started messing up! Seems like when I hit a mild bump in the road, the USB would skip and play the next song or bounce back to the beginning of the song playing. Then today, I was listening to 107.1 fm and it jumped to 107.3 fm when I hit a bump! Anyone know what is going on here? Should I try a soft reset?

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
My 2013 8.4 radio has been pretty solid for the last 7 years but yesterday it started messing up! Seems like when I hit a mild bump in the road, the USB would skip and play the next song or bounce back to the beginning of the song playing. Then today, I was listening to 107.1 fm and it jumped to 107.3 fm when I hit a bump! Anyone know what is going on here? Should I try a soft reset?

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares

OP
OP
RocketFoot

RocketFoot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
it only did it 2 days in a row and seems to have stopped! I will watch for it to happen again but, knock on wood...seems to be good at the moment!