Radio interference stops when brake depressed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
QUOTE:
“ no MOPAR or Chrysler's I ever owned had a dedicated ground strap from an aluminum cylinder head to the body… “

I want to apologize to the OP Laval for the hijacking their thread.

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
QUOTE:
“ no MOPAR or Chrysler's I ever owned had a dedicated ground strap from an aluminum cylinder head to the body… “

I want to apologize to the OP Laval for the hijacking their thread.
Not much of an apology when you still keep promoting wrong information Dude. How many times do i need to post a link to the factory ground strap ,before you finally give up with your misinformation.
Check the back of your drivers side head,you'll find a ground strap,if your truck is a 15 or newer the ground strap will be part of the wire harness,prior to that it was a totally seperate ground strap that connected both heads together,then grounded to either the firewall or to the heat shield under the cab aka "The Body"
Give it up ,and admit you're wrong for a change

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Not much of an apology when you still keep promoting wrong information Dude. How many times do i need to post a link to the factory ground strap ,before you finally give up with your misinformation.
Check the back of your drivers side head,you'll find a ground strap,if your truck is a 15 or newer the ground strap will be part of the wire harness,prior to that it was a totally seperate ground strap that connected both heads together,then grounded to either the firewall or to the heat shield under the cab aka "The Body"
Give it up ,and admit you're wrong for a change
I am not your friend and your use of Dude towards me is derogatory.

I believe the ground straps you refer to are bonding straps not technically grounds straps and the ground strap on the 2012 had three ( one with a clip ) where my truck only uses two that are daisy chained to each cylinder head and then the transmission.

A dedicated ground strap (personal definition) are major grounding points from the battery to the cylinder block or from the cylinder block to the frame the starter or vise versa. I think the factory supplied are referred to as 4F and 6F in wire size
Since the OP stated they placed a ground strap from the cylinder head to the body of the vehicle I advised against it.

Because
Additional electrical current allowed to flow through the cylinder head decreases its electrical resistance and increases the electrical flow.
This provides greater opportunity for electricity to use the cylinder head as an anode if the cooling system is negligible in pH or a dedicated ground strap is compromised and added current is then transferred to the smaller conductor and compromises each ground in succession to their gauge size and location based on they shortest path to ground.

Where older vehicles that use manual choke cables you might find after time they have lost their ability to move the throttle because they have become that shortest path to ground because a primary ground strap was not working because of corrosion or was missing altogether.

Advising against the extra grounding point is like a friend advising someone who talks about starting an exercise regimen to quit smoking.

In my personal experience (before I was formally educated) I attached an insulated wire with eyelets and fasteners to the body (firewall) from my aluminum cylinder head… when it came time to have a valve job the machinist pointed out the needed to replace the cylinder head since the water passages had severe gaps and corrosion.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Maybe you’re familiar with this shop that has a YouTube channel

Maybe you can ask this guy why the cylinder heads are grounded as they are ? for static reasons ? or better electrical conductivity ?
I believe it maybe easier to hear it from somebody else.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I am not your friend and your use of Dude towards me is derogatory.

I believe the ground straps you refer to are bonding straps not technically grounds straps and the ground strap on the 2012 had three ( one with a clip ) where my truck only uses two that are daisy chained to each cylinder head and then the transmission.

A dedicated ground strap (personal definition) are major grounding points from the battery to the cylinder block or from the cylinder block to the frame the starter or vise versa. I think the factory supplied are referred to as 4F and 6F in wire size
Since the OP stated they placed a ground strap from the cylinder head to the body of the vehicle I advised against it.

Because
Additional electrical current allowed to flow through the cylinder head decreases its electrical resistance and increases the electrical flow.
This provides greater opportunity for electricity to use the cylinder head as an anode if the cooling system is negligible in pH or a dedicated ground strap is compromised and added current is then transferred to the smaller conductor and compromises each ground in succession to their gauge size and location based on they shortest path to ground.

Where older vehicles that use manual choke cables you might find after time they have lost their ability to move the throttle because they have become that shortest path to ground because a primary ground strap was not working because of corrosion or was missing altogether.

Advising against the extra grounding point is like a friend advising someone who talks about starting an exercise regimen to quit smoking.

In my personal experience (before I was formally educated) I attached an insulated wire with eyelets and fasteners to the body (firewall) from my aluminum cylinder head… when it came time to have a valve job the machinist pointed out the needed to replace the cylinder head since the water passages had severe gaps and corrosion.
Okay genius,what is this strap that connects both heads to the heat shield or the firewall if it's not a ground strap. The heat shield is bolted to the body of the truck,and the firewall is definitely part of the body.Look very close at the pic,blow it up if you can't see it,and you'll see it bolts to both heads,and then has a leg off the pass side bolt,that connects to the body,it's even called a grounding strap.It can't really be any more obvious then this,and is a factory Mopar part,used on the trucks up till 2014,then they switched to a ground circuit using the wire harness.Get off your rear and go look at the back side of your drivers head,just behind the intake towards the inside of the head,you'll find the ground strap,on the 15 and later trucks.Throw in the fact your exhaust also has a ground strap off the muffler grounding the exhaust system,which also bolts to the heads
You just won't give up,or admit your wrong :Big Laugh:

Last edited:

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
I can’t help you because you refuse to believe me what you’re showing me is a ground strap to reduce static discharge.. a ground strap like what is used on fuel tank filler tube for static discharge.
Not as what I suggested as a dedicated ground.
Never mind it’s pointless.
Call what ever you want a ground strap.
I’m not getting into it with you anymore.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I can’t help you because you refuse to believe me what you’re showing me is a ground strap to reduce static discharge.. a ground strap like what is used on fuel tank filler tube for static discharge.
Not as what I suggested as a dedicated ground.
Never mind it’s pointless.
Call what ever you want a ground strap.
I’m not getting into it with you anymore.
Little tidbit if you think that's not a dedicated ground to the firewall or heat shield bolted to the body,then the ground strap on the exhaust must be a dedicated ground,as it connects to the exhaust hanger which is bolted directly to the frame.Pick which ever one you want as a ground strap,but i'm calling both a path to ground .

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Perhaps I bond my grounds?

Or do I ground my bonds?

Crap. Thats another argument.

Maybe we can discuss what oil is best? Crap, that won't be better.

I got it. Which tire is best?