Radio Locked up yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOFSFIRE

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 CC Sport Copperhead Pearl & 2011 1500 CC Sport Black
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/ 8 speed ~ 5.7 Hemi w/ 6 speed
Used the remote start, and when I got to the truck volume was 3/4 of the way up and all radio controls were locked up. The hard controls for the heat worked. Screen was lit up black. Turned the truck on and off a few times but nothing final pulled fuse 67 the Bluetooth/ media center/ etc radio work find as soon as the fuse was pulled. Worked fine all day today.

I think others have had similar problems what has the dealer done?
I made mine write up a ticket as if I brought it in and they did the work, just for a paper trail.

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Mine has only hung up once. It was the first start of the day and it had been very cold out. I think I just used the manual knobs and it eventually unlocked, or maybe reset on the next start up, I can't remember..

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Used the remote start, and when I got to the truck volume was 3/4 of the way up and all radio controls were locked up. The hard controls for the heat worked. Screen was lit up black. Turned the truck on and off a few times but nothing final pulled fuse 67 the Bluetooth/ media center/ etc radio work find as soon as the fuse was pulled. Worked fine all day today.

I think others have had similar problems what has the dealer done?
I made mine write up a ticket as if I brought it in and they did the work, just for a paper trail.

it seems to happen in quite a few of the new radio's, hold mute and audio buttons in together for about 5 seconds it will reset

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Mine locks up a lot when I use remote start for some reason. It usually is sitting on the boot screen playin' whatever I had on last. Then after a couple minutes it shuts off for about another minute. Then finally boots back up and everything is fine. It's annoying that's for sure.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What version of software is your radio running?

i updated mine about a month ago and that fix that was out then helped mine from locking up. my dealer updated it in about 30 min

there are also threads and downloads of the software on this forum.

cruizer you have a different radio then what they have so your can be a completely different problem

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What version of software is your radio running?

i updated mine about a month ago and that fix that was out then helped mine from locking up. my dealer updated it in about 30 min

there are also threads and downloads of the software on this forum.

cruizer you have a different radio then what they have so your can be a completely different problem

ive got the most recent update and it still freezes up about once every 2 months or so

OP
OP
LOFSFIRE

LOFSFIRE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will have to check what version number it is. It was updated Oct 11ish. It has power cycled before (it will be on playing fine, then just reboot - before the update) This was the first problem after the update.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ive got the most recent update and it still freezes up about once every 2 months or so

There was an update last month. thats the one i had done and solved it for me. there was also another one that was just released this week

OP
OP
LOFSFIRE

LOFSFIRE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just confirmed my radio info:
8.4a with version 13.38.52

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
ill have to call dealer up to see about newer update, only difference updated made on mine is before when it froze screen went black, now it just freezes on as is weird part is if you press one of the functions they highlight like normal but screen never changes